The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I've been listening to Twilightfall by Nokturnal Mortum alot lately. It leans a little more towards Melodic Death Metal than Black Metal but it's definitely a solid release that doesn't seem to be talked about all that much.

That's probably because it's their demo album and very hard to find. Nokturnal Mortum has been kicking my ass lately... I need to pick more of their shit up.

what's with the hating of new nile? I guess nile is the new necrophagist, as soon as they get a little bit of limelight, the elitist dickheads at metal-archives try their hardest to hate them, lol.

what's with the hating of new nile? I guess nile is the new necrophagist, as soon as they get a little bit of limelight, the elitist dickheads at metal-archives try their hardest to hate them, lol.

They've always kind of sucked - it isn't new.

the new Mgla goes well, how does their earlier figure compared to this release :\

I enjoy the Mgla material on Crushing the Holy Trinity a lot.

I met this guy in a local band (Blood of Martyrs) last night. Fans of recent Nachtmystium should definitely check this out. It combines US sounding black metal, sludgy Isis influence, and some trad influenced parts as well. The band is still in the demo stage. They have a lot of potential.

been rocking a lot of Peaceville doom/death lately. especially Paradise Lost and Anathema.

Nice. I like the older my dying bride releases when Aaron just did growling vocals. The Trinity compilation of MDB demos and e.ps is probably some of the best doom/death period released by Peaceville.

Wow, I'm actually really impressed with Breeding Death by Bloodbath. I always thought of them as kind of generic old school Swede-Death Metal but this is some pretty killer stuff!

Generic old school Swedeath is pretty killer in general, though post-Breeding Death Bloodbath has managed to make it boring.

Haven't really found any outstanding albums recently, but as always I'm still obsessing over London After Midnight and Cinema Strange :)

Nice. I like the older my dying bride releases when Aaron just did growling vocals. The Trinity compilation of MDB demos and e.ps is probably some of the best doom/death period released by Peaceville.

if it weren't for a dumbass clerk at Barnes & Noble, I would've owned Turn Loose The Swans