The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Damn I've been listening to Agalloch-The Mantle nonstop lately and I can't bear to listen to anything else, until my other 2 Agalloch albums arrive (which will probably be a long time).

I love this cd more then my family.

realmofthedamned.gif

I've been enjoying this one today, too!

Two more I'd highly recommend:

aopbig.jpg

TalamyusCDCover.jpg

Lately, Wolfchant - A Pagan Storm, Gojira - From Mars to Sirius, Catamenia - Halls of Frozen North, Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and Kalmah - The Black Waltz have been the albums that have been kicking me in the butt the most lately. All of them are freakin amazing albums. When's Gojira and Kalmah releasing new CDs anyways, I'm sick of waiting.
the black waltz came out in 06 :rolleyes:

Hey BJ, lyrics for Wolfchant-A Pagan Storm:

A Pagan Storm
With power and Might this storm wind blows
Tear down the Christian monuments this night
Take hold of our trembling Enemies bodies
Fear the force of the pagan storm

Since 2000 years
we hear these lies
every day and every night
since the time of our infancy

All these invented stories
The peoples' mind
poisoned by wrong
promises A heart full of
fear to suffer to suffer purgatory

With power and Might this storm wind blows
Tear down the Christian monuments this night
Take hold of our trembling Enemies bodies
Fear the force of the pagan storm

But time is coming
and the first free thought
is running trough your head
But deep in you heart
you can feel something
is wrong with this story

Sorry, mate. Maybe you should switch to indie.:p

The future of *genre* bands tend to suck.

Indeed. The future of any genre can't be represented by one single band or even a small number of bands. Genres such as death metal and especially black metal have branched into so many different directions that the only future that it has is the continual growth of the tree which grew from the founding roots of the genre. Any band claiming to be the future of a genre is simply another new twig on this allegorical tree.

Indeed. The future of any genre can't be represented by one single band or even a small number of bands. Genres such as death metal and especially black metal have branched into so many different directions that the only future that it has is the continual growth of the tree which grew from the founding roots of the genre. Any band claiming to be the future of a genre is simply another new twig on this allegorical tree.

anal retentive metalheads take figurative speech too seriously, whodve thought