The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Hmm... after listening to DMDS a couple times I tried to look for something that equals in terms of brilliance. I found Weakling's Dead as Dreams again.

This album is fucking indescribable. It's phenominaly complex while being so concise. Arrgh.

I agree that they're pretty overrated, but I totally appreciate their influence. But let's not start this here.

Everyone here should listen to Vastion.

It's kinda odd, because sometimes Drawing Down the Moon sounds fucking amazing, and other times it grates on my nerves. I can see the brilliance behind it, but it's not always suitible.

Deathspell Omega's "Inquisitors of Satan" has been working its magic for me too.

Recomend me some technical Death in the vein of Anata or maybe Arsis. That's been driving me in lately. I know of Necrophagist though.

Something with good production wouldn't hurt either. :cool:

Blackish vocals are neat in DM I think.

Décadent said:
Also... anyone know if Artillery's later albums are any good? I've got Terror Squad (which is fucking amazing) and Fear of Tomorrow (which is pretty good). Did they release anything quality later on?
It's all very high quality, including B.A.C.K.

Justin_BORK said:
Recomend me some technical Death in the vein of Anata or maybe Arsis. That's been driving me in lately. I know of Necrophagist though.

Spawn of Possession
Visceral Bleeding
Gorgasm
Neuraxis
Wormed

Justin_BORK said:

Anata and Arsis are sick band, I love them both. Have you heard of Capharnaum? they are technical death metal, you'll love them

Another one of my momentary favorite bands is SOULFLY :headbang:
It's a Numetal-band but I don't no where they're from, :err: probably Brasil or something like that.

Nightwish is another band I've been enjoying lately,
It's a Gothmetal-band from Finnland, if you d0n't know them I would realy recommend to chek them out there realy very good.
Somehow even my mom likes a few songs of them :err:

667-One step ahead of the devil!!!
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing.
Kurt Cobain, you're dead but you'll never be gone!

Justin_BORK said:
Also, Wormed is brutal beyond imagination.

Fuckin' totally!

Just bought the Incorrigible Bigotry LP limited to 500 copies from the record store. :cool:

I saw a few Astrofaes albums, as well. The old The Attraction: Heavens And Earth demo, most likely the remastered LP version (also limited) and Heritage (also limited to 500, I believe). I also saw som Besatt, Axis Of Advance, Bestial Mockery (limited Evoke The Desecrator LP...!) and some other shit. He just got in tons of metal LPs, most limited. Awesome stuff. Got the limited Xasthur - The Funeral Of Being LP there a few days ago.