The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just got around to listening to Infernal Revulsion's latest, I really like it. There's some element in it that I cannot describe, but it gives the album a really unique vibe, or maybe I'm just weird.

Either way, very solid stuff.
My top DM album of the year.

Great slam riffs with (shock) good fast riffs as well. Vocals and production are superb and to top it all off there are solos!

My top DM album of the year.

Great slam riffs with (shock) good fast riffs as well. Vocals and production are superb and to top it all off there are solos!

That about sums up my feelings on the album as well (I haven't been keeping up with releases, so I wouldn't know about it's legitimacy of DM album of the year).

I really liked the fact that it flowed really well due to the consistent nature of the album. To me, that makes or breaks an album, and this album did it well.

That about sums up my feelings on the album as well (I haven't been keeping up with releases, so I wouldn't know about it's legitimacy of DM album of the year).

I really liked the fact that it flowed really well due to the consistent nature of the album. To me, that makes or breaks an album, and this album did it well.

Yeah it is SUPREMELY consistent and there isn't a single bad or throwaway moment on it. The production is excellent, accentuating the slams very well, the vocals are clear and lyrics are superb (even for Engrish), drumming is nicely produced and varied, and yeah...solos! Great album.

Which album/s of theirs are you referring to?

My #1 'metal' band of late has been Budgie. Quite possibly the best metal group from Sabbath's time period besides Sabbath themselves. These guys wrote some fantastic riffs, and were probably rhythmically superior to Sabbath.

Which album/s of theirs are you referring to?
Are you referring to to my post? Start with Godbluff. It's probably their most accessible and coherent album. Flows like butter.
Pawn Hearts is also brilliant, but it took me more effort to digest, since there are some elements that distract from the overall flow of the music at first.

Budgie is another band I've been meaning to check out.
Have a couple of their albums on my to-buy list.

tothegates.jpg

Yeah, NeChrist is easily Nokturnal Mortum's worst album. It's decent but there's something about it that turns me off.

fixed the thread title...not sure what that LilFag business was. Nothing in the change log says anything about it

lots of interesting bits though.