The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I recently bought a Strid compilation released this year. It has both the demo and the EP and the material is amazing! The songs are very engaging and you quickly get swept up in them. Plus, Storm's bass playing is very well done and in a style not usually shown in the genre.

Are you referring to to my post? Start with Godbluff. It's probably their most accessible and coherent album. Flows like butter.
Pawn Hearts is also brilliant, but it took me more effort to digest, since there are some elements that distract from the overall flow of the music at first.

Budgie is another band I've been meaning to check out.
Have a couple of their albums on my to-buy list.

If I were referring to a post other than the one immediately above mine, I would've said so. :p

I've only listened to H to He, and that was pretty decent. I'll probably get around to the others eventually, but prog rock isn't too high on my priority list these days.

If you're getting some Budgie, be sure to get Never Turn Your Back on a Friend. That's probably their highest quality album. All of their first four albums are great, though.

One warning about them: they like to throw in these random depressy acoustic ditties on every third or fourth track. I think they really get in the way of the asskicking on their albums, and since you seem to be much more picky about the flow of albums than I am, I'm guessing it'll bug the hell out of you as well. But once you get a few of their albums, you can always put them on your comp and burn a nice mix CD. :)

I just got it two days ago. :p I was going to listen to it today at school, but another thread convinced me to take Summoning along.

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying In Flames - Lunar Strain right now. It's melodic, but sufficiently raw to appeal to those who aren't interested in polished pop-metal. It's got a decent amount of folk influence, as opposed to the pure Iron Maiden influence in the following albums.

I recently bought a Strid compilation released this year. It has both the demo and the EP and the material is amazing! The songs are very engaging and you quickly get swept up in them. Plus, Storm's bass playing is very well done and in a style not usually shown in the genre.
I have it waiting in the post office, so will listen to it tonight when I get home. :kickass:

Did you pick up the Thorns album released as well? It's a fine compilation too but I haven't given it as much attention as the Strid release.

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying In Flames - Lunar Strain right now. It's melodic, but sufficiently raw to appeal to those who aren't interested in polished pop-metal. It's got a decent amount of folk influence, as opposed to the pure Iron Maiden influence in the following albums.

Yep, I figured that was kind of common knowledge by now. Subterranean is also a very good EP.

I just got my copy of Primordial's To The Nameless Dead in the mail. It has BY FAR the best packaging I have ever seen for an album. It is essentially a small fucking book with a CD in either side of it.

Did you pick up the Thorns album released as well? It's a fine compilation too but I haven't given it as much attention as the Strid release.
I was going to, and a friend tried to peer pressure me into it, but they had a few copies of the Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power vinyl left so I had to buy that one instead, and didn't have the money for Thorns also. :|

one of my sisters friends just gave me a copy of rosetta - wake/lift. i'm really liking this, and here i thought most post/rock/sludge was crap..

Anyone else like this band?