The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Keeping in the tradition of listening to bands that hardly anyone else does, I've been enjoying Black Horizons - A Dream's Funeral a lot lately. Blackened melodic death; kind of like Dissection, but with more death metal influence, and not as icy cold sounding as Dissection overall.

I really wish I could make it to this tour.

Finally Keep Of Kalessin is ready to tour the US, and what a great tour it is!

As support for none other than Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth we will be able to tour the US for the first time in the history of the band.

"The Invaluable Darkness Tour Part 2 – Legions Of The Chosen Few"

Apr. 02 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Apr. 03 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Apr. 04 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Apr. 07 - The Myth - Minneapolis, MN
Apr. 09 - Edmonton Events Center - Edmonton, AB - CANADA
Apr. 10 - Macewan Ballroom - Calgary, AB - CANADA
Apr. 11 - The Big Easy - Spokane, WA
Apr. 12 - Roseland Theatre - Portland, OR
Apr. 14 - The Warfield - San Francisco, CA
Apr. 16 - The Grove - Anaheim, CA
Apr. 17 - Rialto Theatre - Tucson, AZ
Apr. 18 - Sunshine Theatre - Albuquerque, NM
Apr. 19 - Ogden Theater - Denver, CO
Apr. 21 - Stubbs BBQ - Austin, TX
Apr. 22 - Cain's Ballroom - Tulsa, OK
Apr. 25 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
Apr. 26 - The Palladium (New England Metal Fest) - Worcester, MA
Apr. 27 - 9:30 Club - Washington, DC
Apr. 28 - The Norva - Norfolk, VA
Apr. 30 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
May 01 - Jannus Landing - St. Petersburg, FL
May 02 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
May 03 - Bogarts - Cincinnati, OH
May 04 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL

I'm considering borrowing my friend's car to drive to the Montreal show, since it's a Thursday night and I don't have class on Fridays. That's a lot to ask of him, though. Maybe I can get him to come since he does like Behemoth. I'll offer to pay for gas.

Well I gave Don't Break the Oath a couple focused listens and so far I like Melissa a lot more, an album that clicked with me on the second listen. Don't Break the Oath either requires more time or else it's just inferior to the debut. I'm digging it, but not feeling it the same way I would songs like "Evil" and "Curse of the Pharoah".

Listened to Into the Pandemonium last night. Rather strange album. There were plenty of good, classic CF songs on it but some were kind of downgraded by Warrior speaking/whining rather than his classic rough vocals. I had no idea the song "Sorrows of the Moon" from Lunar Poetry was a fusion of "Tristesses De La Lune" and "Sorrows of the Moon" from this album. And those couple techno-whatever-ish songs were completely unnecessary.

Listened to Into the Pandemonium last night. Rather strange album. There were plenty of good, classic CF songs on it but some were kind of downgraded by Warrior speaking/whining rather than his classic rough vocals. I had no idea the song "Sorrows of the Moon" from Lunar Poetry was a fusion of "Tristesses De La Lune" and "Sorrows of the Moon" from this album. And those couple techno-whatever-ish songs were completely unnecessary.
I agree on the techno stuff it is horrible, but the "whining" singing is awsome. Sorrows of the Moon is top 3 CF songs ever for me.