The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

You guys are full of shit. Disposable Heroes is one of the best songs on MOP if not one of the best Metallica songs ever. Look, I used to be the hugest Metallica fan ever and I have spent a lot of time pondering over these songs and I'm pretty sure that Disposable Heroes is one of their least disposable songs!

They actually played in my town last Friday, the same day I graduated from college and all the guys at my work thought I was gonna go check that shit out because I'm the "metal guy" but I was like "fuck that shit, i lost all respect for that band years ago" and I felt really fucking kvlt when I said that.

Agreed, Disposable Heroes is my 2nd fav. Metallica song next to Dyers Eve

It's too long. And Leper Messiah features Hetfield's worst performance on the entire album.

Achrisk is clearly a fan of the no-bullshit fast thrasher. He voted for Trapped Under Ice as the best song on RTL.

Battery would've been good if it weren't hindered by repetition and Hetfield didn't shout the name of the song way too often. Yes, we get it. Battery, big deal.

Damage Inc is probably the tightest song on the album, tbh.

You remember my favorite song on Ride? I'm touched :zombie: :)

Yeah, I do generally enjoy Metallica's faster and heavier songs, but I also really love Fade to Black and Sanitarium.

About Battery, it's a badass song. One thing I noticed (or maybe re-noticed) as I was screaming along with him at the concert is the cool, odd timing on when he says Battery. I think that offsets the repetition. I don't think the majority of the other people really got the timing.

About the others ongs, no I don't skip any of them. I don't hate them, but to me they are the weaker sections. In other words, they are the times on the album I am less engaged.

You remember my favorite song on Ride? I'm touched :zombie: :)

Yea, I seem to have a good memory for minor, insignificant details.
It's not like I deliberately memorize them, they just come up by themselves. Pretty strange, I guess.:p

Oh, and Disposable Heroes would've been a great song had it been cut in half. I'm inexplicably annoyed by the faster sections in this song, especially the one that starts at 1:15, and then repeats at 5:48. :zombie:

Illdisposed - Submit has been one of my favorite death metal albums since I picked it up for $1, based solely on the cover and song titles, at the Screaming Dog sale that Zia Records used to have.

It's a change from their earlier stuff, to some degree, away from what seemed like just straight forward brutal death. Submit has more groove and motion in the music, shorter and more concise songs, a lot of processing on the vocals, and just cool as a mo-fo songs. Killer drumming. I love Bo Summer's vox.

It was my first exposure to Illdisposed, and I never heard another Illdisposed album I liked nearly as well. That includes earlier and later stuff.

So like all my buys are pretty good :kickass:. Titan Force wasn't as awesome as i'd hope, but the Tyrant does a better vocals preformance for that album than most of 'Panzer. All the OSDM Malign is rec'ing is all solid. Now time to try out 2 more and a Cloven Hoof album :kickass:

Then you probably are a melo-death guy too scared by the stigma of melo-death to actually say you enjoy it. Check out Holymarsh, Detonation (Hol) and Searing Meadow.

Definate band to check out are Cinders Fall. Just got their EP "The Bridge Between" and its really amazing. They are british and still on the Underground. Just signed to Anticulture (which is how I found them - massive fan of Malefice).

Also, check out Machinemade God. They are on Metal Blade but not very well known yet. Think they are quite new to the label. Album "Masked" is great!