The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm a noob and didn't have time to look through 567 pages so if it's already been covered please forgive.

Scar Symmetry
Gojira
The Sword
The Absence
Exodus

Pretty much anything from these bands have been getting alot of listening time from me.

All have been discussed on here but it's not like we can only talk about a band once.

@mL: bad signs before the player loads: they call themselves death metal/hardcore and have Atreyu at the top of their friends.
more bad signs: they're really uninventive, their vocalist sucks, they put way too many effects on him, and they don't sound like Death, whom they claim to want to sound like.
Also they suck.

Death metal,(melodic as well) TechMetal, Thrash metal and progessive metal; (and please leave my bad spelling out of this)

Black Dahila Murder
Through the eyes of the dead
devil driver
Mastodon
Aeon
Annotions of an Autopsy
katakylsm
White Chapel
At the Gates
Carcass
A little bit of the new trivium

lets see. i listen to so many bnads i cant name them, so lets look in my stereo to see what 6 band's cds are in there: Necrophagist, Slayer, DevilDriver, As Blood Runs Black, Watain, and Dimmu Borgir. There you go.

I feel kinda stupid because I want to preorder the extra special edition of Kreator's new album or the LP version but I can't figure out how, their site only links to German Amazon where I can preorder the normal edition. I WANT SPECIAL.

Um...yes. I have mystically heard stuff from it.
I greatly enjoyed Enemy of God but this is just...yeah. Fucking huge return to form, but without abandoning those melodies. Way less gothenburg-y, though. Basically, balls-out old school thrash and then there are melodies that fit and don't sound so polished. It really does sound like they channeled themselves from the Coma of Souls sessions or something. And yet it doesn't just feel like a retread of past glories.
Also...Mille Petrozza sounds great. All the other thrash vocalists have clearly aged but he sounds badass as ever. They should have him do vocals for the new slayer album too.

I think he sounds strained, but it's not really out of the question for him to sound that way. And yeah, it really does sound like a more melodic Coma of Souls...fucking Amok Run's verses are ridiculous...FACE ME ON THIS MY GLORIOUS DAY, I BRING TORMENT AND DECAY! Fucking holy shit.

Yeah, the lyrics are also classic Kreator - violence and aggression. EVERYONE AGAINST EVERYONE AGAINST EVERYONE AGAINST EVERYONE AGAINST EVERYONE HORDES OF CHAOS!

FINAL WARNING TO THE AFTER BORN
yeah lots of great lines that don't make all that much sense. He actually sounds pissed off unlike certain other thrash vocalists who sing in that style who don't sound angry anymore.

I downloaded it, but I honestly didn't like it the first time through. I prefer sodom to kreator actually.

Sodom are also having something of a late career renaissance. Must be something in the water in Germany. M16 was awesome, and everytime I listen to the s/t I like it more.
I still need to collect their classic albums (Agent Orange, Persecution Mania, and the first 2).