The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Postmortem - Repulsion - Shitty, shitty thrash. Awful vocals.
Chinchilla - Madness - Kickass, really fun power metal. Vocalist sounds like normal metal singing rather than operatic and falsetto stuff, which is cool. Really dig this album.

I just recently got an album by Black Lotus called Harvest of Seasons. It's fucking awesome black metal. Sounds kind of like Borknagar but with a bit more folk influence thrown in.

Wait, there is a band called "Chinchilla"? :lol: That's funny.

I was amused to. The part where they're actually really good helps.

Went through:
Nightingales (Or maybe Night In Gales, not sure) - Nailwork. Weird melodic death, really weird lyrics. Not too great.
Anacrusis - Manic Impressions - Pretty solid, thrashier than Screams and Whispers. On a side note, Screams and Whispers fucking owns.
Sculpture - S/t - Pretty good. Dunno what to call this, but I dig it.

WeAreInFlames said:
Anacrusis - Screams And Whispers - Bored me, which was surprising because I heard good things about this. I'll give it another go, though; sometimes progressive metal albums take a couple spins to sink in.
It sank in.

I'm surprised I remembered that considering I'm barely on here. I haven't heard that album in about a year, I've been trying to catch up with some 08 releases.

Flotsam And Jetsam - High - Not as bad as I expected, but not very good
Mundanus Imperium - The Spectral Spheres Coronation - Shitty wanna-be symphonic prog/power with shitty keys and shitty guitar and some serious mixing issues, crap song writing, the only redeeming factor is the cover of Stargazer, which is totally unnecessary and terrible, but at least it was a decent song at some point, although I noticed that at no point is it mentioned that it's a cover or credit Rainbow in any way...
Benediction - The Grotesque/Ashen Epitaph EP - Good death metal. If only there was more than 7 minutes of studio material...I want more.