The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Systematic Riffage said that he thinks their other two are better too. I've only heard a few songs from their first two albums, so I don't have much to compare to; but I love the new record.

It's Split on the cover, I looked. Doesn't really matter was just curious.

But anyone ever hear of a band called Year 200x. They play "video game metal". I actually liked the Metal Gear one. They have Mega Man 3, Contra, Metal Gear (Jungle Theme), and Journey to Silius on their myspace if anyone is interested.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=91323575

EDIT: Are there any other bands that do this?
This might be the best of the bands that do this kind of thing. Mega Man 3 theme is probably my favorite piece of game music ever. It's such an obvious choice for a metal song. The Contra medley was well done. Where a lot of these bands fall short is that they fail to expand on the original, which is usually not more than a one minute composition. That medley was well done though.

Satan to reissue COURT IN THE ACT

http://www.bravewords.com/news/100691

good 'cause i really fucking need to own this by now. second best album of '83 for me and that was a fucking quality year.

edit:
Tracklist: 'Into The Fire', 'Trial By Fire', 'Blades Of Steel', 'No Turning Back', 'Broken Treaties', 'Break Free', 'Hunt You Down', 'The Ritual', 'Dark Side Of Innocence', 'Alone In The Dock'. Bonus tracks: 'Dynamo', 'Pull The Trigger', 'Break Free' (single version).

the saga continues haha

Listened to:
Pro-Pain - Foul Taste Of Freedom - this shit fucking sucks. End of story.
Chemlab - East Side Militia - Sweet. Industrial, I guess. I enjoy it. Great for playing games, too.
Crack Up - From The Ground - Disappointingly not like Heads Will Roll. More death metal, although still with that massive, badass guitar sound. Money Will Roll Right In is a great song, but the rest of the album didn't impress me.
Anacrusis - Screams And Whispers - Bored me, which was surprising because I heard good things about this. I'll give it another go, though; sometimes progressive metal albums take a couple spins to sink in.

Grip Inc. - Nemesis - Completely fucking meh. I've always wondered if these bands realize that their songs aren't good. Like, how could you think this is quality music? It's not a matter of taste - they're objectively mediocre at the style their attempting.
Haven't had time for anything else tbh. Next up:
Post-Mortem - Repulsion
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish (I have four by them for some reason)