The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO NEW BAND LATELY, FOR EXAMPLE, VOLBEAT, AGGRESSIVE CHILL, TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION, POWERWULF, MENDEED, SCARS ON BROADWAY.

ALSO I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THE LATEST OF AMON AMARTH, METALLICA, AC/DC, THE THREE ARE AWESOME.

AND THE CLASSICS OF ALWAYS,

AND ALSO I'VE BEEN LISTENING IN MY TRIPS TO GORDIAN KNOT, DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, GIRLSCHOOL, AND KORPIKLAANI AND TERASBETONI...

AND THAT'S IT...

CHEERS

I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO NEW BAND LATELY, FOR EXAMPLE, VOLBEAT, AGGRESSIVE CHILL, TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION, POWERWULF, MENDEED, SCARS ON BROADWAY.

ALSO I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THE LATEST OF AMON AMARTH, METALLICA, AC/DC, THE THREE ARE AWESOME.

AND THE CLASSICS OF ALWAYS,

AND ALSO I'VE BEEN LISTENING IN MY TRIPS TO GORDIAN KNOT, DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, GIRLSCHOOL, AND KORPIKLAANI AND TERASBETONI...

AND THAT'S IT...

CHEERS
Caps_Lock.jpg

So...
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish - Reminded me a bit of Bruce Dickinson - Balls To Picasso, only really good instead of somewhat shitty.

it's cool. And you've improved already!

Croatan - Violent Passion Surrogate
So their band name is one omitted letter away from nerdy awesomeness, but yeah. I don't really know what noise rock sounds like, but I think this is it. And while I wouldn't know good noise rock if I heard it, I'm pretty certain this isn't good noise rock. The parts that are feedback over bass and drums are cool in a weird way but when they try to play songs it's fucking annoying.

An acoustic version of The Legacy by Testament. I think it kicks major ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend i have been totally into this stuff, for some reason this is not that famous today (it was released in 1970 and got very good reviews everywhere as far as i know), if you dig prog rock or organ music in general check this out, i love the obscure cozy atmosphere. I haven't heard any of his other albums but this is great.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzesBe48Gh4&feature=related[/ame]

That's the only album I have by him as well and I really do enjoy it. I don't listen to it too often, but every once in a while when I need to slow things down a bit it gets the job done.

After deleting my Windows partition and freeing up over 30 gigs of disk space, I took a trip to the radio station library and am uploading these records, of the few decent ones in the WMEB library.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Black Sabbath - The Dio Years
Megadeth - Killing is my Business...
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Helstar - Nosferatu
Lord Belial - Unholy Crusade

That's the only album I have by him as well and I really do enjoy it. I don't listen to it too often, but every once in a while when I need to slow things down a bit it gets the job done.

Yeah it's that kind of album you can only really enjoy when you have much time. I'm thinking of buying Magicians Hat next, both to go chronological and for the brilliant artwork.
folder.jpg

After deleting my Windows partition and freeing up over 30 gigs of disk space, I took a trip to the radio station library and am uploading these records, of the few decent ones in the WMEB library.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Black Sabbath - The Dio Years
Helstar - Nosferatu

Play And the Physic Saw pleaseeee.

mattson: thanks for pointing this guy out to me, I'm quite enjoying the samples on his website.

No prob, i'm kinda new to this guy myself. I've been finding more and more old good prog in the recent years and have gotten amazed that there exists such great music that is so unknown.

Of the ones you listed I only have these, but...:kickass:
Violent Revolution only has a couple good songs, tbh, and Killing Is My Business is a little primitive, but they're all good. Unholy Crusade is pretty badass.

Has anyone heard the band Severed Existence? They are from Florida. My friend knows the singer. They are a mix of grove, death and thrash. I like them.