The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I really don't understand why people say that album is raw and unlistenable. I also don't get why they say that it's hard to hear the music on the album. People must be deaf.

Yeah, TH has great production compared to Forest Poetry and Facta Loquuntur.

On the Emperor issue, I don't play favorites between the two, but Anthems was the one that got to me the deepest. But after a long time with both albums, I'm able to appreciate them both equally in their own way.

It's really simplistic, but in a good way.
The singles (iirc the ones they were promoting were The Chains Of Power and Taking The World By Storm) are the worst songs on there. There's a lot of mediocre stuff, but Prevail, To The Throne Of Sorrow, and As Death Lingers are pretty badass.

They are great live. The stripped down sound on album is what makes them so awesome.
I don't listen to anything except Shadows & Dust every once in a while. I'll listen to Prevail while gaming once or twice more, though.

If anyone likes Progressive Metal, but more like Melodic check out Malpractice they are fucking awesome

Here's a sample (The solo is damn good):

Here is there myspace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, really clever spelling brutal with two zeros. No one has done that before and it is incredibly funny.

i spelled it that way to distinguish the genre 'brutal death metal' from merely using the adjective 'brutal'. it wasn't intended to be funny dumbass.

You've now succeeded in confusing me.

He's using the term 'br00tal' with 'death metal' to describe the genre, rather than using 'brutal' and 'death metal' which would be used to describe death metal that happens to be more brutal than your average death metal album, but not 'br00tal' enough to belong in the genre

It wasn't that hard to comprehend