The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

215800.jpg

Mandatory listen for all Dark Quarterer fans (which should be all of you).

I just dusted off Diamond Head's Lightning To The Nations, i haven't listened to it in ten years because i listened it apart around 98-99, bought it right after hearing Metallica's Garage Inc. But now listening again it's as great as ever.

I was wondering...

I would like to get more into Death and Black Metal, but the problem is that too many Death/Black Metal bands seem to continuously sound the same between their own songs and between each other...

So, could you give me some good DM/BM bands that have more easily recognizable songs? With not the same riffs all over again? By the way, vocals and lyrics do not cause me a problem, because I'm used to it and I don't care about their lyrics...

I already like Opeth, Gojira, COB, Death, Behemoth, some Belphegor, Deathcrush-to-Misteriis-Dom-Sathanas Mayhem, Wintersun and a few others, but I want to hear more from the brutal/technical genres...

:)

You must be having one hell of an inner-conflict, what with knowing how wrong you were posting this and being totally unable to come to terms with it.

:lol:

Yea...I listened to the samples on The End as I was about to order it and they dissuaded me.

Fuck it's been a long time since I've listened to Behemoth. I forgot how awesome they are. The drumming and riffs are just amazing. Vocals leave something to be desired but they work with the music. It's been too long.

Was Just listening to Thelema 6 the other day. CHRISTIANS TO THE LIONS!!!

I actually like Nergal's vocals. They sound angry. I also enjoyed the layering on Demigod.

I think ZKC is definitely the high point for the style they're peddling atm; after that album it feels like they try way too hard.

Alright, I need help. There was a song I heard sometime in the summer maybe. It was a new song from a new album. I can't remember the name of the band. I only remember a few words. It goes "Attaaaaaack, Attaaaaaack, Attaaaaaack, Assault and Destroy!" The vocals were fairly high pitched.

That's not exactly very detailed but it was a thrash/speed metal band I'm pretty sure. I thought it had Steel or Iron in the band name but I'm not too sure.

Demigod was one of my first death metal albums but now I find Behemoth inconsistent. I have not heard their black metal stuff though.

Sventevith
Grom
Demigod
Satanica
Pandemonic Incantations
Zos Kia Cultus
Apostasy

(I haven't heard Thelema.6)

All their albums are at least good IMO. But if the new one turns out worse than The Apostasy, I won't bother.

I highly recommend that people pick up the Ezkaton EP if they like Behemoth.