The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Only the kvltest black metal is worth discussion. Fuck people's opinions on genres that they enjoy. Hell, let's all listen to Five Finger Death Punch from now on, because who cares, right?

You want to discuss kvlt?
kvlt4id.jpg

The aim of slam, in particular, IS those unchanging tones, creating an almost purely rhythmic/anti-melodic, primitive music with equally "toneless" instrumental, percussive vocals. In other words, sounding like shitty black people.

Oh, I get it now.

I just can't really be bothered with anything with gore lyrics really. 70% of the time I just want to fucking hit eject and fuck it right off.

Slam death metal is also known as pedophile metal due to the high percentage of the practitioners of and partakers in slam death metal who harbor desires to fondle small children. I guess I just assumed that this was widely known.

Also, let's face it, slam death metal as a musical entity isn't exactly cerebral, and the majority of people who listen to (hell, even the people who play) this kind of music are really the ones who were left lapping up the scraps off of the bottom of the intelligence barrel. Even Andy has acknowledged that many, if not most people who are involved in this scene would struggle to live on their own if left in the same room with a plastic bag.

^Full of truth, but that doesn't really affect one's enjoyment of the music. Intelligence in music isn't necessarily a good thing. Just listen to Dream Theater.

WAIF, there's a difference between "intelligent" and "pretentious". Dream Theater are juvenile as hell for the most part.

I would say their music is intelligent, in that there's a great deal of thought, musical theory, and technical skill behind it.

Maybe at first, but since the mid '90s they've just been either making shitty replicas of their early work or ripping off shitty elements of whatever mainstream music they think fits their sound, which certainly does not require a great deal of thought. That doesn't even include how bland and laughably-emo a lot of their lyrics are.

Slam death metal is also known as pedophile metal due to the high percentage of the practitioners of and partakers in slam death metal who harbor desires to fondle small children. I guess I just assumed that this was widely known.

Also, let's face it, slam death metal as a musical entity isn't exactly cerebral, and the majority of people who listen to (hell, even the people who play) this kind of music are really the ones who were left lapping up the scraps off of the bottom of the intelligence barrel. Even Andy has acknowledged that many, if not most people who are involved in this scene would struggle to live on their own if left in the same room with a plastic bag.

You're exaggerating.

Maybe at first, but since the mid '90s they've just been either making shitty replicas of their early work or ripping off shitty elements of whatever mainstream music they think fits their sound, which certainly does not require a great deal of thought. That doesn't even include how bland and laughably-emo a lot of their lyrics are.

I agree, but if halving a 3-song, 12-movement piece about alcoholism doesn't count as "intelligent," what the fuck does?

I'd respond to this but I'm too stupid.

It's a slight exaggeration, but yeah kinda. It doesn't, like WAIF said, really affect my liking of the music. In any case, Matt's probably intending to be hyperbolic here.