The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

That's funny coming from someone who can't constructively critisize bands(people also) without throwing terms like 'dumb,gay,fag,etc.. and then turns into a sally when someone does not like UBBER bROOtal DM bands. I don't care about credibility or even care if even had any to begin so maybe you should get a sense of humor and over yourself.

(you douchebag)

Maybe at first, but since the mid '90s they've just been either making shitty replicas of their early work or ripping off shitty elements of whatever mainstream music they think fits their sound, which certainly does not require a great deal of thought. That doesn't even include how bland and laughably-emo a lot of their lyrics are.

For the most part, this.

That's funny coming from someone who can't constructively critisize bands(people also) without throwing terms like 'dumb,gay,fag,etc.. and then turns into a sally when someone does not like UBBER bROOtal DM bands. I don't care about credibility or even care if even had any to begin so maybe you should get a sense of humor and over yourself.

(you douchebag)

:lol: so much irony here, get out.

The Last Gasp is also excellent, not sure about anything else. I'll probably check out Mondo Medicale next.

Has anyone heard of no consequence? they fairly new in UK scene but are amazing! think they just had an album out trying to find out if anyone else has heard of them, think sikth mixed with architects with a bit of death thrown in.
Seen these guys live they blew me away really want people to check them out they could be massive:headbang:

think theyre myspace is just myspace.com/noconsequence have a listen youll love em!

I just got some promos from I Hate Records, which is a label that releases music I like, so it's relevant to this thread:

Count Raven - Mammons War
Forsaken - After the Fall
Minotaur - God May Show You Mercy...We Will Not
Fall of the Idols - The Seance
Root - Hell Symphony
Root - The Temple in the Underworld
Root - The Book
Vulcano - Tales from the Black Book

I already have (and reviewed) the Fall of the Idols, and I have previous reissues of the two earlier Root albums, and they're all excellent. I'm really excited about checking out the other releases though. These are a few releases that I've been slightly hesitant and skeptical about blindly purchasing, like later Root and Forsaken, so perhaps labels sending out promos will actually prove to be useful.

I don't know why I have such a great affinity for The Crown - Possessed 13. Perhaps it has something to do with the way that my tastes developed and how it fell in line at a certain point in time. Anyway, just about every October since the October 2003 release date, I tend to get the urge to pull this one out of the shelf and play it.

I don't know why I have such a great affinity for The Crown - Possessed 13. Perhaps it has something to do with the way that my tastes developed and how it fell in line at a certain point in time. Anyway, just about every October since the October 2003 release date, I tend to get the urge to pull this one out of the shelf and play it.

I was a huge fan of The Crown around 2000-2003, but right around the time Possessed 13 came out my tastes started to change, particuarly in death metal, and I never really got into it. It's a shame because I remember being so disappointed about Johan leaving after Deathrace King and being really excited for his return. I still really like Deathrace King and Eternal Death. Cool band.

Possessed 13 is honestly my favorite one of their albums after the first two. It's just very straightforward and bludgeoning, with the exception of Bow to None, which is their obligatory gay track. Every once in a while they throw in a riff that they probably had kicking around back in 1994 just for good measure as well. The deluxe version of the album is well worth buying either way though, because it comes with a bonus disc containing the first song they ever wrote, their two demos, a Bathory cover of Burning Leather, and an alternate take on Rebel Angel.

I've been listening to so much Municipal Waste lately, except for their newest album. That hasn't really grown on me very much yet.

The new Paradise Lost album is also awesome.

Hellveto is fucking incredible. I'll go without listening to him for a while, but then when I play the records again I can't help but wonder why I haven't done so in so long. It's some of the most genuinely epic metal out there.