The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Ok everyone - I know I am about to get laughed at, so bear with me.

I just listened to the fictional band Dethklock and their one album that was produced...

And I am in love.

I never listened to metal before in my life and now I must have moar! The energy, the emotion... it was fantastic!

I know I may be at risk of starting a war, but is this what metal is really like? If so, your recommendations are welcome!

Ok everyone - I know I am about to get laughed at, so bear with me.

I just listened to the fictional band Dethklock and their one album that was produced...

And I am in love.

I never listened to metal before in my life and now I must have moar! The energy, the emotion... it was fantastic!

I know I may be at risk of starting a war, but is this what metal is really like? If so, your recommendations are welcome!

Dethklok is really really watered down, generic melodic death metal. I'll recommend you some of the more accessible melodic death metal. It's a lot more intense, though.

Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds. With Oden On Our Side is a good starting point for Dethklok-ish melodic death metal.

In Flames - Jotun. This is not their best album, but their most polished.

Arch Enemy - Nemesis. AE's stuff with Gossow is pretty much all terrible soulless wankery, but it's a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is terrible soulless wankery then it is most definitly not a good starting place. that logic blows my mind.

I find the best way to appreciate the culinary arts is to first eat a big pile of horse shit....

A lot of people get into metal through Arch Enemy; compared to other metal bands they're poor and soulless and wanky but it's a gateway thing.

I don't see why this is so fucking complicated. AE aren't as good as other melodic death metal bands, but those bands are way less accessible. If I recommend this guy Dismember and Carcass, it's going to turn him off. So he listens to Arch Enemy first, gets used to heavy guitars and harsh vocals, and builds on it.

I will force feed you a length of rope. I will then wait as it travels through your guts and out your ass. I will then tie the short end coming out your ass the the top of a building. You will be perched on the edge of the building dreading what is to come. The other end of the rope will be tied to an object on the ground many stories below. I will then push you off the building and you will slide down the rope zip line style, one end coming out you mouth the other your ass. It will hurt a ton and I think you will think twice about questioning me again.

You, sir, are a racist. A cunt. An ass droplet. A fuckwit who couldn't count with his own fingers. Punk. Bitch. A nig-nog with makeup and a pair of colored contacts. You are a whoremongering skinhead who should be raped with a broomstick, then thrown into the deepest body of water. You ponce. You pussy. I bet you rape boys in your sleep. You compensate for your faggotry by posting bigotted shit that makes you feel like a man, because your willy's 12 centimeters long and your GF's suckin' off a beaner in the next room for meth money. You dipshit. You fucktard. The dumbest nig-nog is 3x smarter than you'll ever be. Faggot. Get the fuck off the forums and don't come back until learn some proper manners, you cross-burning, Seig Heil-throwing jagoff.