The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

So the copy of Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal that I received yesterday appears to be signed by Gene Hoglan. I put it to you that this is awesome.

I really don't see why they're always lumped in with nu-metal apart from coming out around the same time as most of the popular nu-metal, they don't really seem to share many qualities with other nu-metal bands. I don't really find any obvious rap influences or things of that nature, they just seem to have a more agreeable style to me than bands like Slipknot or whatever.

I used to love those guys and I always liked the first one the best. Recently I went through some old cds and sold them and I found I did not like the first one much any more. Way to much of that chugging riff cookie mentioned. I did keep Toxicity though.

I just had a huge discussion last night with my drummer about why I like System. Their first two albums are rather worthwhile, and are actually lyrically fantastic. The riffs themselves are sometimes pretty good, and the mood/atmosphere of the music perfectly fit the story/meaning of the lyrics.

I started out listening to nu-metal and think System of a Down are terrible, when you suck at playing nu-metal you really are the epitome of terrible (limp shitdick).

Eucharist, anyone? I recently discovered them, and they were brilliant in my opinion. I kind of wished they had stayed together, but at the same time. . I don't think they would have kept that progressive, black metal sound to this date if they had stuck around.

Just got my copy of Amon Amarth - Versus the World. I've heard it before, but am giving it another spin. I'm noticing both how incredibly awesome Fredrik Andersson's drumming is and how ridiculously loud the kick drum is on this album. Seriously. Awesome album, though.