The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

The new Alcest MCD, "Le Secret" is a realy, realy good piece of French black metal. Very dark and melodious and very organic sounding. The only member is Neige from Mortifera/Celestia/Peste Noire.

Recommended.

I've recently been enjoying the fearful German Death Metal. Today I have been listening to Profanity who are one of the most forceful and brootal bands around. Their delivery makes the room shake as well as making you shiver.

I've been really deep into the local scene here in Calgary... so far my fave is Verbal Deception... they're like some kind of pirate metal thing... go to verbaldeception.com if you want to listen to 'em...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Explain u plz!!1!!!!

Its kind of speed metalish at some times... they sing alot about pirates, very melodic kind of piratey melodies... check out their mp3's section... its pretty sweet... they just got a new drummer who's really technical... but they've only recorded him on the one song... its called jewels of the dead www.verbaldeception.com check em out.

Well, at least there's two of them now. Pirate metal is in a serious deficit right now. The lack of swashbuckling in metal is disturbing.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Pirate metal is in a serious deficit right now. The lack of swashbuckling in metal is disturbing.

Slough Feg have many pirate-ish moments. And there's an Aussie band called Cauldron Black Ram who play blackend death with pirate-ish lyrics.

Miasma rocks. I've just listened to them now after having their mp3's sitting on my harddrive for a long time and it rules even more than I remember. Amazing atmosphere, excellent production, professional vocalist, memorable riffage, genius songwriting... everything you can ask for in death metal, really.

Score!

I found Frantic Bleep's "The Sense Apparatus" at my local Tower, so I bought it without second guessing

*tossing downloaded copy out*