The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

sikth said:
Give Frantic bleep and Behold..the arctopus a listen. There not progressive in the "true" sense, but thery are both very good prog metal bands. Bands like Dream theatre can go fallate themselves with sandpaper for all I care.

I picked up the new Drudkh album the other day, I'm liking it so far. It seems a bit more harsh and intense than autumn aurora, which is kinda unexpected as I was expecting a much more chilled out, folky album.

listen to this man

Give a few proper listens to WYWH and you'll change your mind about Crimson being better than the Floyds.

I like Lumsk

in new here. but i love bands like metallica, megadeth, guns n roses, system of a down, zeppelin, plus lots of metal bands nobody has heard of !

kmik said:
Give a few proper listens to WYWH and you'll change your mind about Crimson being better than the Floyds.

I'd have to agree. Wish You Were Here is fucking ultimate. Probably the only Floyd I actualy listen to.

Yeah, I agree WYWH is just amazing!

BTW, have you guys heard of Rotten Sound. They're a Finnish grind band. Their drummer (Kai Hahto) is just unbelievable, he's amazingly fast and has very interesting beats and fills. He also plays Jazz so that explains a lot. I recently saw them live and they were even better than on CD. Overall, they're one of the most interesting metal band i've heard in a while! You all should definitely get their new album Exit. It's awesome!

Zuge said:
Yeah, I agree WYWH is just amazing!

BTW, have you guys heard of Rotten Sound. They're a Finnish grind band. Their drummer (Kai Hahto) is just unbelievable, he's amazingly fast and has very interesting beats and fills. He also plays Jazz so that explains a lot. I recently saw them live and they were even better than on CD. Overall, they're one of the most interesting metal band i've heard in a while! You all should definitely get their new album Exit. It's awesome!
Yeah absolutely. Looking forward to seeing Hahto at the Maryland Deathfest.

I just checked Subterranean Masquerade's site, and they posted a song for download from their new album, 'Suspended Animation Dreams.' I just listened to it, and it sounds really, really good. Same direction as the EP.

now listening to John Petrucci's "Suspended Animation"...sounds excellent...a couple of the songs sound extremely Joe Satriani ish (namely Curve)

Steve Vai's new album is so great. The ballad is his best ever. "Firewall" is also amazing, with the 17 layer vocal overdub intro, using the voice as a rhythm intro, and the twelve piece brass/woodwind band accompaniment, which he really uses. Also why the ballad is so great, because of the effective orchestration. It's actually recorded from a live performance, but you wouldn't know until you hear the audience clap at the end.

The new Strapping Young Lad is also really great. When I listened to the "Shitstorm" song Century Media put up for download, I was disappointed, but the album is really good.

Edit: Anyone else seeing Steve Vai on his tour? I'm going this Friday.