The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I would like to be informed on what is Northaunt's best album with a description.

Today i gave Utumno's EP, Across the Horizon a listen. One of the more expectional death metal bands to come out of the swedish death metal scene.

I only have Northaunt's The Ominous Silence, it's naturalist dark ambient and portrays a soundscape rather effectively I think. If I had the search function I could show you where I went into more detail on it seeing as I can't think too clearly right now, but nevermind. :rolleyes:

Gallantry over Docility said:
I'm going to check out Holymarsh now.

You won't like it. Get their first album if you at least want a chance. It's just really vicious melo-death with a lot of crunch and more...well...bite than a lot of the modern melo-death bands.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You won't like it. Get their first album if you at least want a chance. It's just really vicious melo-death with a lot of crunch and more...well...bite than a lot of the modern melo-death bands.

Well, I don't particularly like Kronos, Arsis or Dissection, but I liked the rest in that list, and I saw a couple of tasteful people mention them before. Worth a try.

The best 10 death metal releases I've heard:
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Atrocity - Longing for Death
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Demilich - Nespithe
Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd
Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons
Gorguts - Obscura
Infester - To the Depths... In Degradation
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You won't like it.

Yeah, not really a fan. Too much melo-death, not enough melodic death, by your definitions. ;) Still, if I had to listen to melo-death, I'd listen to something like this. I'd have adored it a couple of years ago.

Nachthymnen is their best, followed by Opus IV. I found them difficult to appreciate at first (possibly because they're more accessible than I'm used to good music being), but the former in particular is a grower.

Gallantry over Docility said:
The best 10 death metal releases I've heard:
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Atrocity - Longing for Death
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Demilich - Nespithe
Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd
Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons
Gorguts - Obscura
Infester - To the Depths... In Degradation
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence