The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

anonymousnick2001 said:
I generally don't like incantation or DM of that persuasion, but I've been digging Onward to Golgotha lately.

It is an excellent piece of early death metal. Although their following efforts, Mortal Throne of Nazarene and Diabolical Conquest, are better, I find it to be my favourite for its sheer chaotic ugliness.

Acheron's Rites of The Black Mass seem to be high on my playlist recently.

Angantyr - Sejr is getting a lot of listens since the weekend. I listed it as one of my top 10 last year but it never really appealed to me like it does now.

unknown said:
listening to The Axis of Perdition Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital. This is definitely their most surreal and well thought out album to date. Less chaotic than Ichneumon. It carries on in the vein of Physical Illucinations...

the sound effects, ambience and music is much better.

I've just got my hands on it too, seems really good on first impressions. They've toned down the harshness and gone for a really mind-bending, trippy kind of atmosphere. Some of the sound effects sound like there straight out of half-life 2!

Doomwatcher said:
It is an excellent piece of early death metal. Although their following efforts, Mortal Throne of Nazarene and Diabolical Conquest, are better, I find it to be my favourite for its sheer chaotic ugliness.

They've put out at least half a dozen top quality releases. Very, very few bands can say that. I'll have a firmer opinion of which are my favourites at a later date.

sikth said:
I've just got my hands on it too, seems really good on first impressions. They've toned down the harshness and gone for a really mind-bending, trippy kind of atmosphere. Some of the sound effects sound like there straight out of half-life 2!

definitely...while I enjoy the chaos from the previous releases, the trade for more sound effects and better song "structures" is cool

Currently spinning:

Spite Extreme Wing - Non Dvcor, Dvco
Antaeus - De Principii Evangelikum
Holocausto - Campo de Extermínio
Vargsang - Call of the Nightwolves

unknown said:
definitely...while I enjoy the chaos from the previous releases, the trade for more sound effects and better song "structures" is cool

Agreed, they sound a lot more, dare I say it, intellectual on this release.

I'm listening to each of Neuraxis's albums at the moment, hot damn these guys have been consistently great throughout there career. Any DM fan should check them out.

Christie_fell said:
Currently spinning:

Spite Extreme Wing - Non Dvcor, Dvco
Antaeus - De Principii Evangelikum
Holocausto - Campo de Extermínio
Vargsang - Call of the Nightwolves

:) Everyone listen to SEW. They have a gay name but they rock.

And kudos for Vargsang...generic but lovable BM \m/