The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Great thread.I havent been listening to much lately but what i am listening alot to is below.. if anyone can make recommendations to me of melodic bands in all genre's (black, death, powermetal , thrash etc. though im not much of a power metal fan.. ) let me know.. i dont know which bands are melodic or not and also let me know if there are any websites where i can hear there songs first.. like song samples.. Amazon.com maybe? ... I've read articles on Susperia , Into Eternity & Satyricon... does anyone recommend their new albums? ... Also i was a Exodus fan from the 80's, does anyone recommend their new album? I am also considering getting Death Angel's new one. I saw someone say they are listening to DA's The Ultra-Violence album. That brings back memories. anyways let me know your recommendations for what im looking to listen to...

1. Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
2. Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon
3. The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed
4. Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder

anonymousnick2001 said:
Astriaal - Summoning the Essence of Ancient Wisdom
Quite a hard one to find. I assume you downloaded it... if you didnt, I'm going to have to come over there and kill you for it :D

Other shit I've realy been into lately:

Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
Rev. Kriss Hades - The Winds of Orion (Recommended to anyone who enjoys Beherit)
Ragnarok - Diabolical Age
Xasthur - The Funeral of Being
Abyssic Hate - Suicidal Emotions
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon (thanks to this board)
Destroyer 666 - Terror Abraxas (fucking killer mini-album)
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Watain - Casus Luciferi

Grave Digger - Excalibur
Metal Church - The Human Factor
Iron Savior - Unification
Overkill - Feel The Fire
Jag Panzer - Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat
Uylsses Siren - Above The Ashes

Been listening to a lot of technical death lately, like Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Capharnaum, and Theory in Practice. I've also really been into the oldies lately, especially Pink Floyd. Can't seem to get enough of the Wall. Other odd bands I've been really into lately have been Bal-Sagoth, Exhorder, Zero Hour, Arcturus, and Symphony X.

Any recommendations for some non-metal? No jazz either, because I've got plenty of that to listen to. And I know I've already started a thread like this, but I thought I'd ask again. Something that would make me say, "Wow, never heard anything like this before."

Well I'm still stuck with shit dail up so I'm not hearing much new lately. If there is any benifit to this it is that it's forced me to delve deeper into some music then I had before. Latley I've been listening to:

Aarni-s/t: If Mike Oldfield did doom metal this is what it would sound like. Dark, errie but quircky.

Graveland- Immortal Pride/Thousand Swords: These have been hitting the spot a lot latley. Excellent layerings on both albums (though in completely different ways) makes these great for repeated listenings. Great music for when I take my hikes.

Agalloch-The Mantle: The more I listen the more I realize how much I love this album. Easily one of my favorite albums ever...

Darkthrone- Transilvanian Hunger: This one works well for when I'm walking through the city at night and I just see nothing but filth around me.

Enslaved- Vikingligr Veldi: Man I only recently realized just how brillant this album is. Possibly Enslaved's best. Great music for the ocean (why in the hell is everything I listen to connection to a place? I don't know, but some things just work in certain places really well...

Others:
Empyrium- Weiland
Mutiilation- Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Burzum- Hlidskjalf
A Silver Mount Zion- Anything
Arcturus- La Masquerade Infernale/ The Sham Mirrors

Anyways next weekend I'm probably heading up to Berkeley next weekend which means I get to hit up all the good record stores. Heres some stuff I'm thinking of getting though I haven't heard yet:
Xasthur- Telepathic With the Deceased
Dethspell Omega-Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
Leviathan-Whatever his new one is called
Azrael- Whatever their new one is called

Other then that I'll probably just pick up random stuff I have on MP3 at the moment...

Abigail - Forever Street Metal Bitch
Deathspell Omega - Infernal Battles
Seven Gates Of Horror - A Tribute to Possessed(Sadistic Intent + Jeff Beccera On Vocals + Covering The Exorcist = one awesome cover)
Vital Remains - Dechristianize
Grand Belial's Key - Mocking The Philanthropist
Arghoslent - Galloping Through The Battle Ruins
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Immolation - Failures For Gods
Destroyer 666 - Unchain The Wolves

Wish I were listening to:
Exciter - The New Testament(don't have the cash to buy it. :()

I have not much money at the moment, because i have to pay my driving lessons, so i am getting deeper into my older records instead of buing new ones.
I really like to listen to first three Burzum albums very much (ok, not a really new recommendation to anyone ;) ), as well as to Negura Bungets newest album (would also like to get the older ones...) and Ildjarn's 1992-1995 "compilation" (really intense, foresty, raw and animalic black metal)..
I am also listening to Darkthrone's Transsilvanian Hunger sometimes.

I got these today:
Devil Lee Rot - Hellscraper/A Little Devil Ain't Enough
Sabbat - Sabbatical Holocaust
Treblinka - s/t 2CD
Megiddo - The Devil and the Whore
Faustcoven - The Halo of Burning Wings
Vexed - Nightmare Holocaust

I shall get back to you on the quality of them when I have heard the mall.
I must say I'm a bit surprised to see so much good music recommended here.

I have been listening to:

Drudkh - Automn Aurora
Maledictive Pigs - Bloodshed
Skinless - Various
Deeds Of Flesh - Mark Of The Legion
Hate Eternal - Conquering The Throne
Dies Irae - Immolated
Carpathian Forest - Defending The Throne Of Evil

Edit: I also just found out that 1349's "Liberation" is fantastic. Raw black metal with superb drumming and a really fitting production. Anyone care to recommend me something similar to that album?

I'm currently looking for some new black metal bands to listen, so any help would be much appreciated. Here are some of my favorite BM bands:

Ulver
Astriaal
Nokturnal Mortum
Blut Aus Nord
Bethlehem
Leviathan
Nagelfar
Taake
Azrael
Negura Bunget

Ultimate_Symphony said:
I'm currently looking for some new black metal bands to listen, so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm surprised Nagelfar don't get more credit actually.

Anyway, these aren't all 'new' as such, but these bands have released top quality material in the last few years.

Deathspell Omega
Astrofaes
Drudkh
Wolfnacht
The Shadow Order
Summoning
Moonblood
Arkona
Nachtfalke

Somberlain said:
Check out these.

Hate Forest
Dub Buk
Satanic Warmaster
Grand Belial's Key
Megiddo
Countess
Frozen Shadows
Already know Hate Forest. I'll check the others, thanks \m/.

henrikmain said:
I have been listening to:

Drudkh - Automn Aurora
Maledictive Pigs - Bloodshed
Skinless - Various
Deeds Of Flesh - Mark Of The Legion
Hate Eternal - Conquering The Throne
Dies Irae - Immolated
Carpathian Forest - Defending The Throne Of Evil

Edit: I also just found out that 1349's "Liberation" is fantastic. Raw black metal with superb drumming and a really fitting production. Anyone care to recommend me something similar to that album?

I havent heard it yet Henrik but I read a review of it in Metal Maniac's magazine the latest issue. They gave a great review to the band Behexen's By The Blessing of Satan album. This is what they said at the end of the review: " Mark my words, this is one of the year's absolutely essential BM records."

As for 1349's album. I been thinking about getting it for awhile now but would like to hear some samples from the album before i do. Do you recommend any site's where i can hear some of it?. :headbang:

Ultimate_Symphony said:
I'm currently looking for some new black metal bands to listen, so any help would be much appreciated. Here are some of my favorite BM bands:

Ulver
Astriaal
Nokturnal Mortum
Blut Aus Nord
Bethlehem
Leviathan
Nagelfar
Taake
Azrael
Negura Bunget

judging by that list i would be really surprised if you did not enjoy arackanum immensly. oh, and you need some deathspell omega as well, preferably their latest. cheers

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I havent heard it yet Henrik but I read a review of it in Metal Maniac's magazine the latest issue. They gave a great review to the band Behexen's By The Blessing of Satan album. This is what they said at the end of the review: " Mark my words, this is one of the year's absolutely essential BM records."

As for 1349's album. I been thinking about getting it for awhile now but would like to hear some samples from the album before i do. Do you recommend any site's where i can hear some of it?. :headbang:

Thanks for the recommendation. I will be on the lookout for it.

An mp3 of the first track on Liberation, "Manifest", can be found here:

http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/candleweb/redesign/candle_1349.htm