The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

crimsonfloyd said:
Nope. The only Mezbrow I've heard is 1930, which I like, but I never got around to checking out any of his other stuff...

*Merzbow

1930 is fucking ace. Iron, Glass, Blocks And White Lights is an awesome track. Check out some of his other stuff.

Katatonia-Viva Emptiness
Norther-Dreams Of Endless War/Mirror Of Madness/Death Unlimited
October Tide-Rain Without End
Porcupine Tree-In Absentia

A Self-Made Compilation feat.: Kreator/Torture Squad/Tristania/Windir/Decapitated(Phi)/Darkest Hour/Autumn Offering/Kataklysm(Demo Era)/Astriaal/Avantasia/The Black Dahlia Murder(Pre-Unhallowed)/Atheist & Children Of Bodom.

As much as i enjoy Beherit's Drawing Down The Moon with it's creepy and outer-worldly atmosphere, i wouldn't mind being recommended metal that almost resembles the ambience of the aforementioned album.

I know this isn't the most prog-metal friendly board in the world, but has anyone ever heard a band called Dreamscape? I discovered them last night on Progged Radio, and they are great, according to the samples on their site.

Somberlain said:
I'm loving Hirilorn's Legends of Evil and Eternal Death.
Fantastic album. Just got the new "Revenge is Near" live LP in the mail last week, and the liner notes by Shaxul are great. The tracks are brilliant live too.

Freanan said:
I am just getting into Black Noise..

Abruptum and the like? You mean torturous digital noise...?

Check out Gruntsplatter - Chronicling The Famine. Brilliant creeping dark ambient/lo-fi noise.

crimsonfloyd said:
Ok well theres 200 other albums. Cut it down for me...

Hm. Well, no two of his albums are really very similar, which is awesome...I guess you should check out Aqua Necromancer. It's supposed to be his "ode to prog rock legends" because he was very much into that stuff. I believe it has some samples of said types of bands. I haven't heard it yet, so you can tell me how it is.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Abruptum and the like? You mean torturous digital noise...?

Check out Gruntsplatter - Chronicling The Famine. Brilliant creeping dark ambient/lo-fi noise.
Exactly, the likes of Abruptum - I have not listened to Abruptum itsself, though.
Thanks for the recommendation!

I also bought one Dark Ambient or whatever album by a Norwegian Band called Northaunt which i find to be very good and extremely atmospheric.

And i am starting to get into Celtic Frost...

Freanan said:
Exactly, the likes of Abruptum - I have not listened to Abruptum itsself, though.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Abruptum are good, as are Black Pentecost and Emit. I enjoy black noise but its not something I could listen to all the time.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Hm. Well, no two of his albums are really very similar, which is awesome...I guess you should check out Aqua Necromancer. It's supposed to be his "ode to prog rock legends" because he was very much into that stuff. I believe it has some samples of said types of bands. I haven't heard it yet, so you can tell me how it is.
Sounds good, I'll definitely check it out once I get home from break...