The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Hi. I just registered, so I think that a fine way to start posting is to comment the music I like.

To be honest, I enjoy listening to almost any kind of music. Jazz, funk, blues, folk, a lot of classical, old school rnr and even a bit of electronic music. But what I like most is metal, obviously, thats the reason to be here.

I especially like thrash metal (Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Dark Angel, Forbidden, Hirax, Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, Coroner, Sepultura, Annihilator), but also Black (Emperor, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Marduk), Death (Nile, Deicide, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Death, Suffocation), Doom (My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Anathema) or 80' hard rock (Van Halen, GNR, Skid Row, WASP). Nowadays I enjoy with modern melodeath, metalcore and almost all modern metal, like Children of Bodom, Trivium, the last In Flames, Machine Head, Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, etc.

Interesting list, lots of vareity. Some of my favorite bands include the all of the Black Metal you listed, as well as Dark Angel, Obituary, Death, Suffocation, My Dying Bride, Kreator, and Sodom. You have a pretty good taste in music.

Welcome to the boards.

Last night I went and watched:

Virgin Black
Astriaal
ARCTURUS

Virgin blacks keyboardist is off his nut, not by the way he plays, but the way he skitzes out in his performance, that guys pissed at something. It could have been because some dudes were yelling "HAMMER SMASHED FACE" and "SHREDDED HUMANS" though :lol:
They are very professional, but they seem to use the same formula every song. The guitarists would have their part, and then wait for the drummer, and then he'd wait for the keyboard and then they would eventually play together, and so forth.

Astriaal came in and kicked some major ass with their soothing chaotic black metal, no corpse paint, and a short haired drummer, but no one was going to mess with those bastards. I didn't know their material too well, but i soon got into it, and they played a new song that surely left everyone yearning to hear more from the new album they are currently recording.:headbang:

Finally ARCTURUS decided to hop aboard the shipwrecked Aussie Melbourne stage.
Knut Magne Valle in all his majesty was the first member to appear in full dress like a bard, with an awesome “wood carved” looking guitar, until walking back offstage. All the other members decided to do the same (apart from Hellhammer and Vortex), one at a time in a bizarre fashion, you could tell they were having fun with the eagerly awaiting fans, and to infuse YES, tonight there was some fun to be had.

Finally when all were aboard, the hooded Tore Moren and Skoll, key pilot Steinar, ragged clothed Vortex and the masked Hellhammer, the theatrics commenced. Bewildered in the begging, I didn’t actually think any of the members were playing, it sounded like the cd playing instead, but it surely was them. Vortex, with one hand behind his back, leaning back and forth, sang casually with ease, as if he was bartering with a scared child. The mix was pretty good, Skoll and Steinars instruments came through clearly, the guitars sounded a bit low in the mix (but it may have also been because I was right on the far side of the stage, one ear behind a wall literally) but the solos could be heard clear. Though there was much to see with 6 members at work, and breaks for Steinar and Tore to have their fancy little solo, it was pretty damn hard to keep my eyes off Hellhammers drumming. Amazing cymbal work, toms, kicks, EVERYTHING and all done with that mask on! What a sight to behold. :kickass: :worship:

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :lol: :kickass:
woo

I'm not however going to download this (mainly because slsk is broken). Bring on the fucking CD!

Get me on AIM and I'll give it to ye, free of charge.

Or wait for the CD. I intend on buying it also.

COLT: Welcome. If you have any questions/comments about the GMD board specifically, please feel free to contact me via PM (I'm the current mod). Thanks and welcome.

Finally ARCTURUS decided to hop aboard the shipwrecked Aussie Melbourne stage.
Knut Magne Valle in all his majesty was the first member to appear in full dress like a bard, with an awesome “wood carved” looking guitar, until walking back offstage. All the other members decided to do the same (apart from Hellhammer and Vortex), one at a time in a bizarre fashion, you could tell they were having fun with the eagerly awaiting fans, and to infuse YES, tonight there was some fun to be had.

Finally when all were aboard, the hooded Tore Moren and Skoll, key pilot Steinar, ragged clothed Vortex and the masked Hellhammer, the theatrics commenced. Bewildered in the begging, I didn’t actually think any of the members were playing, it sounded like the cd playing instead, but it surely was them. Vortex, with one hand behind his back, leaning back and forth, sang casually with ease, as if he was bartering with a scared child. The mix was pretty good, Skoll and Steinars instruments came through clearly, the guitars sounded a bit low in the mix (but it may have also been because I was right on the far side of the stage, one ear behind a wall literally) but the solos could be heard clear. Though there was much to see with 6 members at work, and breaks for Steinar and Tore to have their fancy little solo, it was pretty damn hard to keep my eyes off Hellhammers drumming. Amazing cymbal work, toms, kicks, EVERYTHING and all done with that mask on! What a sight to behold. :kickass: :worship:

I would kill to see Arcturus live. What was the setlist?

When the fuck is the new Graveland coming out? Isn't it supposed to be this month? That four way split with Nokturnal Mortum is going to be ace as well.