The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Lisa Gerrard, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Bathory, At the Gates, Slayer, Ludwig van Beethoven, Candlemass, Ocean Colour Scene, Rage, Amorphis

This week's listening according to Last FM. I swear it doesn't record half my listens though.

I've spent a good chunk of the day uploading my dad's collection of pipe organ music to my iTunes library. This should give me plenty of good music to listen to when I'm not quite in a metal mood.

I spend a little while listening to the entire Boris-Flood album, which is about one REALLY long song, out in the sun. Made me feel about calm. Than I went out spent some time with some friends in till about 8. Early night. Work Tomarrow.

Lots of Candlemass and Gordian Knot lately and not much else.

I need to get into some Gordian Knot.

I just discovered Blotted Science, an instrumental project featuring Ron Jarzombek (Watchtower) on guitar, Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) on bass, and Charlie Zeleny (Behold...The Arctopus) on drums. Sounds very cool, I'll be getting the album for sure.

I was fairly disappointed by both GK at first. Seemed like a bunch of pointless noodling and not much behind it, but it grows on you. The only track that I kind of dislike is The Brook The Ocean on Emergent where the drummer simply shows off his skills on the kit most of the time(sounds like a drum check at some point). Meh.

Two more CDs I listen to every day:

In Battle - Kingdom of Fear
Veneral Diseaase - Superior Supremacy

The vocals on Kingdom of Fear may sound metalcore-ish to some at times, but the music is far from metalcore (more like blackened death) and completely makes of for it, and then some. Superior Supremacy is catchy death metal with modern production and sometimes brutal drumwork.