The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I've heard a lot of samples used multiple times, and I've heard a small fraction of all metal that might have samples.

Even bands that should be aware of each other have used the same clips, such as Krieg and Leviathan.

Gortuary and Meathook use the same sample (Meathook's part of it is less though :lol:) on their new albums...and both are on the same label. :zombie:

Considering how many shitty slasher flicks there are to choose from, it's odd they can't all pick different clips...

I'm whoring out a new local band now- The Vengeful Few.
(Fellow Jersyians, they're from Morristown.)

The Vengeful Few were formed in 2004 by guitar players Tom Catuosco and John Zambri. The band was conceived as a vehicle for writing and playing classic 80’s style metal in the vein of great bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, and others. They were tired of the modern music that passed for “metal” and wanted to create music that had actual guitar solos, true metal guitar riffs, and real singing.

Review of their new debut:

Morris County, New Jersey based 5-piece The Vengeful Few are something of an anomaly in the US Metal scene; having odd qualities like guitar solos, cool riffs [in standard tuning!] and a vocalist that can actually SING! You guessed it, The Vengeful Few are firmly rooted in traditional `Eighties-style Metal; think Dio, Priest. Far from a nostalgic trip down memory lane by a bunch of hobbyists, the bands` debut album consists of eight well thought out tunes that are sure to appeal to those listeners who DON`T consider turntables as standard equipment in a Metal band! The CD is a self-produced [and self released] affair, and it`s obvious that a lot of care went into recording the album. While the disc certainly doesn`t sound as if it was recorded at Electric Lady Studios, the clean, uncluttered production suits the music to a "T". Each instrument comes through loud and clear, and the guitars [always a Metal essential] cut through the mix. The band is made up of vocalist Keith Vitali [Gods Of Fire], guitarists Tom Catuosco and John Zambri, drummer Gary Rinaldi and bassist Jim Gowe. Top class players through and through, the guys are obviously comfortable playing together, which shows in the tunes. Among the standouts are cuts like "Madhouse", "Circle Of Seven" [based on Stephen King`s "It"], "The New Granada", "Marie" and one of my personal favorites [among others!] the NWOBHM-styled "Face Reality". Clever hooks and song structures, intelligent lyrics, quality musicianship and a total dedication to what they do make this one of the finest Metal debuts of 2008. Now all we need is a record lable who can recognize REAL talent when they see it and sign these guys! Highly recommended!

These guys are fucking awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/thevengefulfew

Listening to Vesania for the first time, oddly enough. I found a promo for God the Lux a few months ago in the music library at the radio station. This stuff is my cup of tea indeed.

cosmic-rays-title-final-small-v2.jpg

New video from Cosmic Rays of Death ... inspired by the totally awesome game, R-TYPE.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just some of the stuff thats making my days better.

Amon Amarth-Thousand Years of Oppression
Amon Amarth-Were Silent Gods Stand Guard
The Red Chord-Dreaming in Dog Years
Opeth-For Absent Friends
Parkway Drive-Breaking Point
Nevermore-Born
Nile-Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In The Water
BTBAM-Prequel to the Sequel
BTBAM-Camilla Rhodes
Winds of Plague-Decimate the Weak
Melechesh-Touching the Spheres of Sephiroth

My fav metal albums right now are Disturbed- Indestructible, Lamb Of God - Sacrament, In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose, Testament - Formation Of Damnation.

My fav metal albums right now are Disturbed- Indestructible, Lamb Of God - Sacrament, In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose, Testament - Formation Of Damnation.

:lol:
Okay, we can hook you up with some real good metal (although the IF and Testament are good). Try these:
In Flames - Clayman
In Flames - The Jester Race
Testament - The Gathering
Testament - The New Order
wait, this isn't a recomendations thread...whatever, check those out, I bet you'll like them.