The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Colony is better than Clayman.
No.
Whoracle owns all of them
No.
And Lunar Strains owns every In Flames album. (random comment, first in a couple months)
And almost, but not quite.
I'll restate, It's the only one I enjoy. My fault on that one.
Try Subterranean.

And regardless, I was trying to recommend stuff that someone who hugely enjoys their new stuff would like.

hmm let's see..

Eyehategod - Dopesick
Buzzov-en - At A Loss
Mayhem - Ordo ad Chao
Destroyer 666 - Pheonix Rising
Psyopus - Our Puzzling Encounters Considered
Genghis Tron - Board Up the House
Ulver - Teachings in Silence
Moss - Cthonic Rites
Machine Head - The Blackening
Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill
Today Is The Day - In The Eyes Of God
Sunn O))) - Black One

...and a plethora of non-metal such as jazz, noise, experimental, classical, rock, etcetera

oh and of course Acid Bath but I listen to them on a daily basis regardless of what type of metal I want to listen to

Inwards is awesome, but I was listening to Issue VI last night and it's pretty good, except that I felt the vocal performance was subpar. The thing is, their song structure is sometimes annoying - they'll have an awesome vocal line and it'll never appear again and they'll just go into another chaotic riff. Sometimes gets a bit much.

Their early stuff is uber weird...I don't remember much of it but it was definitely odd. Also they have a song called In Flames iirc on one of the first albums!

Now listening to Life Ending Path by them. Fucking great song.

REPENT NO FURTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHR!

STEP INTO THE...

LIFE. ENDING. PAAAAAAATH!

been rocking out to blitzkrieg's 'unholy trinity', which doesn't kick ass quite as much as 'a time of changes' but, y'know, not much does.

right now i'm listening to satan's 'alone in the dark' for the 10 zillionth time, would easily make it into my top 10 favourite songs ever list if i bothered to make one

I wanted to ask about While Heaven Wept. I own Of Empires Forlorn and think it's one of the coolest, most epic doom records I've ever heard. I know it's not traditional doom and all, but I love the melodies and mood of the record.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest some other bands that have a similar sound (doesn't have to be doom metal).

hey can some1 help me learn how to tell al the dif genres apart an al the shit like that cause i wana learn heaps bout metal

VVVVV could help you out the best, if he has time.

But definitely search each genre on a website like Wikipedia and identify bands that are primary founders/members of certain genres. Then go to their myspace pages and listen. You'll be able to tell the differences. :cool: