The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Damn, Vesania is so fucking good. They're way at the bottom of my iTunes and I usually don't make it that far through the alphabet, but they're such a solid fucking act. Firefrost Arcanum and God the Lux are two awesome albums.

Yeah i have given it a few more listens and it still sounds monotnous and i'm not a fan of the songwriting.

Damn, Vesania is so fucking good. They're way at the bottom of my iTunes and I usually don't make it that far through the alphabet, but they're such a solid fucking act. Firefrost Arcanum and God the Lux are two awesome albums.

Yeah I like Vesania too. Firefrost Arcanum is my favourite, the latter two are still good, but just makes me think of Behemoth too much. Firefrost seems a bit more unique maybe?

The bands I'd consider my tops at the moment are:

Wolves in the Throne Room
Drudkh
Enslaved
Agalloch

I love the pagan/folksy/viking -esque black metal over anything else. Other than that I've been listening to a bit of Weltmacht, Coldworld, Mayhem, ISIS...but mostly just the above 4 ;)

EDIT: New Behemoth...hmm...I guess I'm looking forward to hear it... But I can't help but think it's going to be a bit disappointing, perhaps...more of the same??

I've rediscovered my love for Freak Kitchen. That IA. As good of a guitar player as he is, his lyrics are just as great.

Metal

Opeth
Machine Head
Motorhead (a classic,but i really hadn't listened them until today)
Dream Theater
Judas Priest
Pantera
Megadeath

-NON-METAL

ROCK
Muse
Jethro Tull
Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Santana

OTHERS
Brad Mehldau
Pat Metheny
Joni Mitchell
Dave Mathhews Band

And that's what's currently going trough my head.

Shadows fall minus the lead vocals are fantastic. But besides that, I've been listening to a lot of Vader. I really liked the album XXV. Don't see them mentioned around here very much, or at all.