The Top 100 Metal Bands of UltimateMetal! Read for details.

This is going to be difficult, but I'll try.
1.NEVERMORE/SANCTUARY
2.DEATH/CONTROL DENIED
3.BLACK SABBATH (OZZY AND DIO ERA)
4.TESTAMENT
5.SLAYER
6.IRON MAIDEN
7.ANTHRAX
8.DEATH ANGEL/ORGANIZATION
9.JUDAS PRIEST
10.VOIVOD

All the above have longevity, but current favorites include SHADOWS FALL, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD

*Honorable mention to KISS (ORIGINAL 4), VAN HALEN (ROTH ERA), & AEROSMITH (all releases before "Pump" ). I don't consider these bands "Metal" but some do. I consider them "Hard Rock".

Also, METALLICA (all releases before the "Black" album), MEGADETH (all releases before "Youthenasia") and QUEENSRYCHE (all releases before "Hear in the Now Frontier").

10. Dan Swano (does he count? I hope so..)
-Alternate 10. (if Dan Swano doesn't count) Edge of Sanity
9. Opeth
8. Porcupine Tree
7. Lacuna Coil
6. Ulver
5. Children of Bodom
4. Soilwork
3. Old Man's Child
2. Dimmu Borgir
1. Borknagar

TheGraveDigger said:
Hey there guys and girls,

I am doing a little project for fun here. It is going to be a list of the top 100 metal bands among the UltimateMetal.com forum users. All you have to do is post your top 10 favorite metal bands. They must be in number order from 1-10 with of course your number 1 selection being your overall pick. How it works is I will keep stats of all your votes. The band you put for number 1 will get 10 points, number 2 gets 9 points, 3 gets 8 points and so on until number 10 which will get 1 point. You have from now until Tuesday at midnight to post your top 10 favorite bands. Midnight on Tuesday I will no longer take votes and tally up what I have. I wil then rank them by the number of points they have and form the top 100 bands of UM. So start posting your top 10 now. The results should be very interesting.

1. Arch Enemy
2. Kalmah
3. Corporation 187
4. Carcass
5. Armageddon
6. Gardenian
7. Dimmu Borgir
8. Ram-zet
9. The Black Dahlia Murder
10. Skyfire