the "translate please" thread

So how are "Ur Jordens Djup's" lyrics? Are they :puke: ?

I dont listen to Fintroll but i decided to have a look at some of their lyrics on darklyrics.com and man are they bad.

Rough translation of Fiskarens Fiende,i´ll try to write it in a equally bad way:

"I heard a song from the depths
Under the wave(single wave),the wave so "high"(written as in several waves)
The blow cryies like a woman,with ones dead children on her back

On her back!

Lake-monster gives no cure,he sings with cold winds
Tribes of man flee like lamb,from the sea-peoples threat
Dead sea! Waves like blood
Then no god helps you
Dead sea! Waves like blood
Tonight we set out

Fishermans enemy!

In a recent inquiry me and a couple of friends were wondering what "pawned" is in Latin. I saw the word "oppignero" as a pretty good translation and I was wondered how to conjugate it so it means something like "You got pawned". I hope someone here can help. It is of utmost importance. :rolleyes:

Hehe, thank you very much LBRH, although the verb (the oppignero part, the erant sounds good) seems strange to me (I think it needs to be conjugated in some way), but I have close to no idea about Latin.

the infinitive of the verb is actually "oppignare". The translation could be something like "oppignatus es" if "you" was singular, or "oppignati estis" if "you" was plural

Hehe, thank you very much LBRH, although the verb (the oppignero part, the erant sounds good) seems strange to me (I think it needs to be conjugated in some way), but I have close to no idea about Latin.

Ok you're welcome :) . Yeah I was basically guessing, it's been years since I studied Latin :p. Dark_Silence's one seems better :kickass: .

I will ask someone next week when I am back at school and then post it here. I don't have any close friends who speak a decent Latin.

Here's a question for someone with French skillz. I'm looking for translated lyrics for David TMX (if you don't listen to this guy yet, you can get all of his albums free and legal from jamendo, and you should). I can't even find lyrics for his albums, though they're probably on his website, which I can't read. Can anyone help me find the lyrics? At worst, I can probably slap them into the google translator.

I'm afraid I can't translate the lyrics for you but I can help you find them!

If you click "tout TMX" at the bottom of the screen and then "ses PAROLES" A list of albums will appear on the left, click on any one for the lyrics. Now you can sing along in French :)

i had a quick look at the lyrics, but i am afraid i cant translate that... lots of special french expressions, and sometimes the vocabulary is quite hard, i wouldnt know how to say that in english

Just bought my ticket for Hellfest! However, the conditions written on the ticket are in French, so can someone please translate them for me into English? I'd really appreciate it.

"Le billet est soumis aux conditions générales de vente de digitick ainsi qu'aux conditions particulières
suivantes, que vous avez acceptées avant l'achat du billet : Le billet digitick® d'entrée est uniquement
valable s'il est imprimé sur du papier A4 blanc, vierge recto et verso. L’entrée à l’événement est soumise au
contrôle de la validité de votre billet digitick®. L’organisateur pourra dans certains cas vous remettre un
billet « standard » à 2 souches suite au contrôle de votre billet digitick®. D’autre part, le prix du billet «
standard » remis au client n’affichera pas systématiquement les frais de location propres à digitick. Une
bonne qualité d’impression est nécessaire. Les billets partiellement imprimés, souillés, endommagés ou
illisibles ne seront pas acceptés et seront considérés comme non valables. En cas d'incident ou de mauvaise
qualité d'impression, vous devez imprimer à nouveau votre fichier .pdf ou .jpg. Pour vérifier la bonne qualité
de l'impression, assurez-vous que les informations écrites sur le billet, ainsi que le code barre sont bien
lisibles. Le billet digitick® est non échangeable et non remboursable, sauf annulation de l’événement. En cas
d’annulation, seul le prix mentionné sur le billet sera remboursé, hors frais de location et frais annexes
(transports, hôtellerie, parking, etc…). Le billet digitick® est personnel et incessible. Lors des contrôles,
vous devrez obligatoirement être munis d’une pièce d'identité officielle, en cours de validité et avec photo :
carte d'identité, passeport, permis de conduire ou carte de séjour. Les livrets de famille sont acceptés pour les
enfants. Le billet digitick® est uniquement valable pour l'événement, à la date et aux conditions figurant sur
le digitick®. Ce titre doit être conservé jusqu'à la fin de l'événement. Nous vous conseillons vivement
d'arriver au plus tard 30 minutes avant le début de l'événement. Au sein de l'événement, les clients de
digitick s'engagent à respecter les règles de bonne conduite fixées par l'organisateur. D’autre part,
l’acquisition de ce billet emporte adhésion au règlement intérieur du lieu de l’événement. digitick décline
toute responsabilité : pour les anomalies pouvant survenir en cours de commande, de traitement ou
d'impression du billet digitick® dans la mesure où elle ne les a pas provoquées intentionnellement ou par
suite de négligence en cas de perte, vol ou utilisation illicite du billet digitick®. Il est strictement interdire de
reproduire, dupliquer ou contrefaire un billet digitick® de quelque manière que ce soit. La reproduction du
billet digitick® et l’utilisation de la copie de ce billet sont passibles de poursuites pénales. En cas de non
respect de l'ensemble des règles précisées ci-dessus, ce billet digitick® sera considéré comme non valable."

It's really just a standard "user agreement" type of thing for digital tickets. In short, it says you have to print the ticket on a blank standard A4 sheet and it has to be readable. You also need to have a valid photo ID with you when you get checked for your ticket. The rest is legalese for "you're forbidden to do anything stupid with this ticket" and "you accept the show and venue rules and conditions upon purchasing this ticket", but if you want I can try translating it in full (although Dark Silence would do a much better job).