The two un-released songs on ASOP

DEAD-BEAT

Mar 14, 2008
Hey guys! I watched the "making of ASOP" dvd at the release day of the album, and I remember In Flames saying that they have 2 songs that they havn't released yet. I'm gonna watch the "making of" DvD again tonight and try to get some more info.

Are these 2 songs exclusive to the colony? If so, I am surprised that they havn't leaked yet. I would love to hear these 2 new songs, they might restore my faith in In Flames, wouldn't you love to hear them? I remember hearing Anders singing some stuff in the studio diary that I loved, and that stuff isn't on the album. That's probably one of the tracks. Again, I'll watch the DvD once more and see if I can remember the vocal lines on the un-released songs.

I really, really want to hear these songs... badly I might add.

These are some lyrics to one of the un-released songs:
Can anyone really call themselves afraid(?) - a host to paranoia(?) - That's in it at the end of a dream - Massconsumption of greed!

Also, watching it one more time, I heard Peter say that 2 of the songs might be for some other project?

Since they have their own studio - they can take their time recording whatever, if the end product doesn't work - they could simply trash it or leave for later (not like they have to carefully invest into studio time anyway).

Could be another single (as Trigger).

The only 2 unreleased tracks I care about are Backstreet Boys cover and Pinball Map with Jesper on vocals.

Do they actually have Pinball Map with Jesper on vocals? That would be really cool to hear.
The Backstreet Boys cover would rock 8D

that would be bitchin
except why would they release the single after the album has already been done?
you can already get the song and more, so it doesn't seem to have much of a point.

Hmm... That's possible, I really don't like Alias though, the new bonussongs would be interesting though, I would probably buy it, hahaha.

"That's in it at the end of a dream - Massconsumption of greed" was the song I was the most hyped up for when the record was released, I was dissapointed when I couldn't find the track on the cd. It should've been released by now, it's been almost 3 months since the albums release.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but the more I listen to The Mirror's Truth EP, the more I'm beginning to agree that it murders A Sense of Purpose. I think A Sense of Purpose is a good album, but there's no standout tracks. It's just a collection of cool songs. Eraser, Tilt and Abnegation are all amazing tracks, especially Abnegation. They really cleaned that track up, the demo version sucked so bad.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but the more I listen to The Mirror's Truth EP, the more I'm beginning to agree that it murders A Sense of Purpose. I think A Sense of Purpose is a good album, but there's no standout tracks. It's just a collection of cool songs. Eraser, Tilt and Abnegation are all amazing tracks, especially Abnegation. They really cleaned that track up, the demo version sucked so bad.

I totally agree
the extended album tracks (the three up there), were probably the best on the album. no idea why they weren't included as normal tracks.

Yup, I agree wholeheartedly. Also, the thing seems a bit less overproduced, more alive. Anders vocals are also ALOT better. I remember getting the EP, I listened immedeately and I was like: "Phew, Anders still screams alot, I thought they were gonna overdo the hybridscreaming thing, and he sings with so much feeling, it's almost live-like vocals, overall an extremely impresssive performance! This smells good for the album". Then the album came, and all the things that I loved from the EP was missing.
The Mirror's Truth album was more balanced, more in the vein that I wanted the album to sound like. They most likely put those tracks on the EP cause they didn't fit in on the album soundwise, and that probably indicates that these 2 new unreleased songs differ soundwise to the album, and that leads to the possible fact that they might be great.

The Mirror's Truth songs weren't the best from the ASOP sessions, as some have claimed, but they were definitely not the worst 3. However, I don't think they would really fit.
As to the 2 unreleased ones, I'm intrigued. Would be nice to have them.

Another possibility: A Sense Of Purpose Special Edition - a digipack with the Mirror's Truth and the 2 unreleased songs as well as the "making of" thing.