the ultimate non-auto-tune production list

No autotune?
All Daniel Bergstrand production before 2009. How insert autotune on a mackie daw?:lol:
And for melodic vocal, listen Antipoda;)

its the age old problem of knowing when to stop. Its quite surprising when you get a live album to mix, when you solo the tracks how horrendous they are but when its all together it make sense and has an energy. Imagine the modern day AE in a hendrix session, he'd be reaching straight for the plug ins folder, there can be great tension by being flat or sharp and coming into the note that people seem too quick to draw out. What I really hate is when you hear autotune where they really have sucked the life out of it, they dont even push sharp on the attack.

THANK you for this post!

some bands are never actually playing the songs before they go into the studio, in the good old days bands actually had to rehearse songs to remember them, hence better players.

These threads really get tiring. OT: I hear a lot of non metal stuff that has no autotune at all. mostly singer/songwriter stuff that's supposed to sound rough and live.

some bands are never actually playing the songs before they go into the studio, in the good old days bands actually had to rehearse songs to remember them, hence better players.

yeah, i think producers and engineers should be more strict and punishing so we can start to return to these days.

if we don't, our music scene will continue to be flooded by poor-material / lifeless productions

its the age old problem of knowing when to stop. Its quite surprising when you get a live album to mix, when you solo the tracks how horrendous they are but when its all together it make sense and has an energy. Imagine the modern day AE in a hendrix session, he'd be reaching straight for the plug ins folder, there can be great tension by being flat or sharp and coming into the note that people seem too quick to draw out. What I really hate is when you hear autotune where they really have sucked the life out of it, they dont even push sharp on the attack.

yeah, good example is the paramore live album that got namedropped on this topic a few times already
LOADS of flat and sharp notes all over the place, but there's an energy to it

yeah, i think producers and engineers should be more strict and punishing so we can start to return to these days.

if we don't, our music scene will continue to be flooded by poor-material / lifeless productions

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but you are so good at polishing turds :loco:

joking aside I can imagine fixing the flaws of bands over and over again because they didn't rehearse before going into the studio gets annoying fast, the music should be about the musicianship and discipline, even if you are playing radio music.

poor material has already happened, we have amazing producers/engineers today that use then talent to make less than stellar bands sound better on CD. Today, its acceptable for bands to be fixed in the studio, if the end result sounds good, which in the end results in them selling more than they deserve.

But I digress, as it is an age old problem that has only gotten slightly worse, its created jobs for producers/engineers that know their shit, regardless if I agree with the system or not.

In the end its about how much said producers are willing to be strict and punishing to those bands for not practicing as they are the only people who have the power to change the music world and bring back the amount of discipline and talent that used to go hand in hand with the music world.

laugh all you want guys, but there's going to be some changes on this end...

i'm tired of being an audio janitor

thats really good to hear, you are good at what you do ploshing turnds, I can only imagine how it will be when you have good recorded music from the source.

Not only that but you will loose a lot of haters and will probably end up revered as one of the mainstream producers/engineer that is responsible for bringing talent back in mainstream music.

that and the drama should settle down.

So best wishes on your endeavor!

but you are so good at polishing turds :loco:

thanks, i dont see why you think thats a bad thing. being good at fixing mistakes and having trouble shooting skills is valuable.

poor material has already happened, we have amazing producers/engineers today that use then talent to make less than stellar bands sound better on CD. Today, its acceptable for bands to be fixed in the studio, if the end result sounds good, which in the end results in them selling more than they deserve.

i said we'd CONTINUE to have poor material.

But I digress, as it is an age old problem that has only gotten slightly worse, its created jobs for producers/engineers that know their shit, regardless if I agree with the system or not.

In the end its about how much said producers are willing to be strict and punishing to those bands for not practicing as they are the only people who have the power to change the music world and bring back the amount of discipline and talent that used to go hand in hand with the music world.

agreed. and i think the more upfront we are with what we're doing, the easier it will be for musicians to take the embarassment instead of people like me. i'll be posting flip videos of actual studio takes to show people that the stuff which isnt real, really isnt real. i also plan to change how my credits are listed in cd's, to describe whats really going on.

some of these things i wish to do might not take place because its not my cd booklet to be printing on and etc. etc. but i will definitely try.

:headbang:Everyone thats trying to act like they know what they are talking about is really just repeating what they've heard over and over from people that dont know what they are talking about!

I have found that the guy opening the can of worms is usually on to something or some sort of secret that no one else can comprehend or agree with for some stupid reason.

Bottom line is that the record sounds great! End of story!

Lots of people have different opinions on what constitues this but math doesn't lie, statistics dont lie, and most importantly people dont lie, unless they dont want to be caught with there pants down or something.

But Seriously people, use the tools that you have available to you.

I guarantee everyone in here uses a tuner to tune that guitar! You wouldn't just guess would you, unless you were being hard headed and wanted to act like you know something buy using the term old school.

Tune your guitar, tune your bass, tune your drums, tune your piano, but when it comes to your vocal , you guys run off like little girls. I have a news break, your voice is an instrument too.

Enough Said!

Peace