the ultimate non-auto-tune production list

no, they often are a bit flat or sharp, but that is part of the voice/character of the singer and doesn't mean it'll sound shit in the mix.
there are lots of styles that don't require/rely on perfection but on emotions and feeling etc, that's actually one of the main reasons why people make and are listening to music. often it's more important to preserve that than to have a 100% perfectly pitched track.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:
U ALL MAKE ME FUCKIN SICK THIS IS THE REASON Y I DONT POST ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

WHILE U PREDICTABLE METAL HEADS SIT DAY IN AND DAY OUT LERKING THESE BOARDS , TAKE A FEW TIPS AND APPLY ! IF U WANNA MAKE MONEY AND CREATE A NAME FOR YOUR SELF/ CREATE A SOUND , IE JOEYS ( CLEARLY WHICH 90% OF YOU GUYS TRY TO ACHIEVE ANYWAY)

FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS TO BE HONEST I HAD NO CLUE WHO JOEY WAS PREVIOUS TO SIGNING UP TO THIS FORUM AND 2 YEARS LATER MY MIXES ARE IN PLACE WERE I COULD NEVER IMAGINE AND THANKS TOO WHO . JOEY

THANKS DUDE.

Anyways thats my 2 sense looks like i wont be hitting this forum anymore makes me sick to read stuff on here !

PEACE !

Not only did that rape my eyes, it raped the english language. :puke:

U ALL MAKE ME FUCKIN SICK THIS IS THE REASON Y I DONT POST ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

WHILE U PREDICTABLE METAL HEADS SIT DAY IN AND DAY OUT LERKING THESE BOARDS , TAKE A FEW TIPS AND APPLY ! IF U WANNA MAKE MONEY AND CREATE A NAME FOR YOUR SELF/ CREATE A SOUND , IE JOEYS ( CLEARLY WHICH 90% OF YOU GUYS TRY TO ACHIEVE ANYWAY)

FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS TO BE HONEST I HAD NO CLUE WHO JOEY WAS PREVIOUS TO SIGNING UP TO THIS FORUM AND 2 YEARS LATER MY MIXES ARE IN PLACE WERE I COULD NEVER IMAGINE AND THANKS TOO WHO . JOEY

THANKS DUDE.

Anyways thats my 2 sense looks like i wont be hitting this forum anymore makes me sick to read stuff on here !

PEACE !

OMG SERIOUS! NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

THANKS DUDE.

PEACE !

Let me guess... high school dropout?

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

THANKS DUDE.

PEACE !

:lol: Good, have a good time, motherfucker...

This thread is the pits :( I just read 4 pages of crap...It could have been so much better...

nah it couldn't have
shit was doomed to be a lolfest from the moment he hit the "post" button

Well maybe i can pull this thread back into topic.

I know its not metal by any means. but the brand new NeverShoutNever CD that was released a few days ago has no auto-tune/pitch correction to his voice (according to him).

the only proof was a blog he posted about it (which isnt up on his myspace anymore)

dunno what the problem is...drums and guitars are edited to fuck, but if there a lil bit of autotune (at least not too much to be recognized be most of the people) whats the problem?
noones a perfect built singing machine. and if its done to get a song to some kind of "perfection" and not the "save it" why bitchin about it?

its the age old problem of knowing when to stop. Its quite surprising when you get a live album to mix, when you solo the tracks how horrendous they are but when its all together it make sense and has an energy. Imagine the modern day AE in a hendrix session, he'd be reaching straight for the plug ins folder, there can be great tension by being flat or sharp and coming into the note that people seem too quick to draw out. What I really hate is when you hear autotune where they really have sucked the life out of it, they dont even push sharp on the attack.

its the age old problem of knowing when to stop. Its quite surprising when you get a live album to mix, when you solo the tracks how horrendous they are but when its all together it make sense and has an energy. Imagine the modern day AE in a hendrix session, he'd be reaching straight for the plug ins folder, there can be great tension by being flat or sharp and coming into the note that people seem too quick to draw out. What I really hate is when you hear autotune where they really have sucked the life out of it, they dont even push sharp on the attack.

i leave sharps on the attack

people forget its a part of the performance

its a very human thing to do, especially when musical energy is high

Well maybe i can pull this thread back into topic.

I know its not metal by any means. but the brand new NeverShoutNever CD that was released a few days ago has no auto-tune/pitch correction to his voice (according to him).

the only proof was a blog he posted about it (which isnt up on his myspace anymore)

I call bullshit on that fag

ha

you can even hear it

The truth is you can only prove there is autotune....it's impossible to prove there isn't unless the album predates the technology or you were there. It's not as though bands don't have an incentive to hide AT use.

p.s. if i recorded a band like the jimi hendrix experience, i would probably only use compressors and equalizers (because those bands sound the way they're supposed to quite naturally)

the bands i record dont really sound the way they need to live, so it takes a lot of trickery to make it happen
and with digital recording becoming available to anyone in the world with a laptop, songs are getting written in the digital domain with no care for actually playing it as a band, just to make it sound cool

it is these reasons that cause us to use all this crap to make things work, because bands or artists arent making that happen on their own