The (Un)official write anything you want page

^Hahahaha, that was disturbing, but funny.

Check this out. The gates of hell are going to be opened!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=325&objectid=10400645

Dr Cox dismissed worries that by adventuring into the unknown and creating tiny black holes, the machine could even destroy the planet.

"The probability is at the level of 10 to the minus 40," he said.

* They estimate the possibility of accidentally destroying the planet as extremely low.

* The risk is calculated at about 10 to the minus 40 - a 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance.

Well, that's reassuring. That's pretty crazy though.

Guthrum said:

That article said:
There is also something called dark energy, and that is an even bigger question.

It makes up about 70 per cent of the energy in the universe, but again we have absolutely no idea what it is.

200210.vader1.240.jpg

And that whole destroying the world thing? Bah, don't worry about it. If I remember correctly, they say the same thing about nuclear power plants. They have some very rare chance of starting a chain reaction that will destroy the entire universe. This new one possibly destroying the earth is nothing. And I for one, am totally excited about what we'll learn from this!

fotmbm said:

Hahaha, awesome.

Thanatopsis123 said:
And that whole destroying the world thing? Bah, don't worry about it. If I remember correctly, they say the same thing about nuclear power plants. They have some very rare chance of starting a chain reaction that will destroy the entire universe. This new one possibly destroying the earth is nothing. And I for one, am totally excited about what we'll learn from this!

Yeah, but I mean, it's simulating the big bang, it has to be huge forces at work. They even said they don't know what might happen when they throw the switch.

Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom's Vomit
Sep 22 3:58 PM US/Eastern

By ADAM GOLDMAN
Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK

A baby died after rolling off a bed and falling into a bucket of her teenage mother's vomit at a homeless shelter, police said.
The mother, Savarin DeJesus, 18, was charged with criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child, and could get five years behind bars.

The young woman trembled and wept as she faced a judge Friday. "I loved my baby. I want you to know that," she said.

Authorities said DeJesus spent the evening of Sept. 15 downing gin and smoking cigarettes and then returned before dawn to the shelter where she lived with the 4-month old girl, Niah. DeJesus threw up into a bucket of cleaning solution next to her bed, then passed out on the bed, clutching Niah's legs, authorities said.

When she awoke about 10 hours later, she found the baby with her head in the bucket, which contained about six inches of liquid, according to court papers.

The cause of death was either asphyxiation or drowning, the medical examiner's office said.

DeJesus "loved her baby and would never hurt her," said her lawyer, Kenneth Gilbert.

The city's Department of Homeless Services said it was trying to determine if the East Harlem shelter had a crib.