The (Un)official write anything you want page

So I got some contract from my old job this week, basically they want to pay me to not work for a competitor for 6 weeks so they can catch up the gap my resigning left. After reading it carefully a few times, I realized that, theoretically speaking, they could prevent me from even LOOKING for new employment and negate the money they owe in the process, with me having zero legal recourse because the contract essentially signs away any rights I have.

So I called them to inform them by signing it I would screw myself over, and they basically replied with "we know, that's the whole point."

Fascist fucking pigs.

MajestikMøøse;6086257 said:
so what happens when you don't sign it?
I guess they're going to write up a new contract, probably offer more money with essentially the same clause to get out of paying it. :guh: I guess they don't bank on the fact that I actually read shit before signing it.

In other words I'm just going to run out the two weeks notice I gave them (which expires a week from tomorrow), not sign shit, and start my new job a week later.

So I got some contract from my old job this week, basically they want to pay me to not work for a competitor for 6 weeks so they can catch up the gap my resigning left. After reading it carefully a few times, I realized that, theoretically speaking, they could prevent me from even LOOKING for new employment and negate the money they owe in the process, with me having zero legal recourse because the contract essentially signs away any rights I have.

So I called them to inform them by signing it I would screw myself over, and they basically replied with "we know, that's the whole point."

Fascist fucking pigs.

LOL

Seriously. I actually cracked up at this being your response by the way. Brevity is king. :tickled:

Every morning when I wake up at approximately whenever the hell I feel like it, I realize more and more than quitting my job has been the best decision I've made in years.

heh...
Untitled-1.jpg

1) pretty much all of Thanatpospsospsis's Japan-era posts have been ace

2) Nad, did you have to give back the Buttberry?

Yeah and so just now I finally read the STOP I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU'RE DOING thread and laughed the proverbial balls right off. That shit was mmmmmmmagic.
i wouldnt sign it if i were you. but im not you
I didn't and told them I wouldn't. Buncha douchebags, them.
2) Nad, did you have to give back the Buttberry?
Yeah, but I really started to hate that thing. I mean, Outlook Meetings beeping in your pocket when you're trying to take a dump? That sucked.

lol yea RC inside jokes... there's a million +1 of them. Henrik is a self-confessed metro-sexual if I'm not mistaken?
*shrug* nothing wrong with good grooming habits hah

Man, 2 hours till I leave for the airport... Been listening to SA's Alone on loop for the last little while.

I require more danceboy to display my excitement:

:danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: