The (Un)official write anything you want page

MajestikMøøse;6352211 said:
Well, it's not actually required. Live as you like. I'll argue that exploring a little bit of each will drastically improve your sanity. I'm certainly not arguing that if you go to listen to a priest lecture you on hell once a week it will make you a better person, in fact very much the opposite. Likewise, lectures in Chemistry or Math will never, never give you true, perfect knowledge.

I cannot describe in language what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with ordinary conceptions of what people consider "God" or "Religion". For millennia men have tried to describe what I'm trying to talk about, and all have failed.
All have failed? How is it that you can be sure that you're talking about what they're talking about then?

Uhg. Anyway, metaphor is the most powerful tool in explaining the Universal Consciousness I think. You can't describe it directly because there are no words to explain the concepts involved.

52olm5z.jpg

Just incredible.

Vacation starts in 2 hours. New Harry Potter 7 hours after that.

Beer is already tasting better than usual, and I haven't even started.

rant, myspace bulletin style. wal-mart vision centers >>> eyemasters

i had an exam last weekend to get new contacts. i have to wear rigid gas perms which they do not give trial pairs for. so, i took my prescripton over to eyemasters & ordered the contacts. they came in last night, so i went to pick them up and asked "if anything is wrong then i can come back tomorrow right?" and the girl said yes.

so i go home and put them in, and they're WAY TOO SMALL! i can see the edges so i'm seeing both corrected vision AND my horrible blurred vision. i took them back up to eyemasters this morning and told them that they were too small and nicely asked what i need to do to get them exchanged. they proceeded to tell me that they couldn't exchange them because they had been opened. well wtf? how am i supposed to know without putting them in? there are no trial pairs for rigid gas perms! after some bitching they told me they *MIGHT* have an exchange policy for these situations & sent me back over to the doctor to have him look at them.

i went back to the optometrist and he looked at them, told me i needed the 9.8 diameter (he'd originally given me the 9.4 diameter on my prescription), wrote me a new prescription and sent me back over to eyemasters.

after much bitching and shoving the new prescription in their faces they finally agreed to exchange them whether they lose money or not. i'm not going to be out $150 because the doctor checked off the wrong size! if anyone should have to pay again it should be the doctor.

what was really disappointing about the whole thing is that eyemasters didn't even say something like "ok lets see what we can do." from the get-go they were just telling me "too bad" and trying to send me away. the first time i ever got contacts from them it went smoothly. then again, they weren't located in the MALL at the time.

ugh!! never again!

All have failed? How is it that you can be sure that you're talking about what they're talking about then?

speaking as in being able to write a perfect treatise. Sure, every source has its merits, and using sources in conjunction gives a better picture overall of what the pure essence of being is.

Uhg. Anyway, metaphor is the most powerful tool in explaining the Universal Consciousness I think. You can't describe it directly because there are no words to explain the concepts involved.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You have to collect these metaphors. They work together like a demented jigsaw puzzle.

At least that's how I see it anyway.

the religion/anti-religion debate is the most polarizing topic there is. i'm willing to let people believe whatever the hell they want, it's those damn religious types that won't leave us alone for not accepting the lawd jayzus chrast.

While i generally think that the christian religion fanatics are the ones who are more clueless of what the New Testament says/means, posts like this one above seriously make me wonder if the fanatic atheists are worse on this department.

so I have a guitar player that loves Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Lost Horizon.... and a drummer that likes all those + Cannibal Corpse and other death metals.
Im gonna write stuff on the guitar with these guys, but I wont be playing it... its time for some Krig vokills!!!

I sometimes hope God is real and that I will indeed go to Hell. I think I would do well there.