The (Un)official write anything you want page

Don't think I posted the good news yet. I put my 2 weeks notice in at work last Friday, making next Friday my last day. Then Saturday we're off to Austin for Halloween partying :kickass:

Even more :kickass: -- not having that horrible job to go back to on Monday after said partying.

...:kickass:

You know, I'm fucking peeved. Several months ago my buddy and I went in on a 24 hour gym membership via el trabajo. The dues were $36 for the first person and 21 for an additional add on. Note at the time I had already had great dues with Bally's @ 16 shekels a month. I decided what the fuck, as the club came with a basketball court, steam room, pool, the whole nine yards. Well it's now 4 months down the road and I'm stuck paying $57 a month for a membership I don't even God damn use. My chum is over 2 months delinquent on his portion. I felt bad for the guy so I said just throw me a 20 every month and he couldn't even do that. This God damn shit is pissing me off out of pure principle. So essentially I'm paying $70 a month for 3 God damn gym memberships, when the only one I'm using was the original one I had all along. Isn't that some fucking shit?!?!

Two weeks ago 24 sends me two "three month free, no questions asked" memberships in the mail. So I email the bloke to tell him to have his brothers jump on this deal so we can get our nigball groove on down at the court. No God damn reply. I'm canceling this God damn shit. Seriously what the fuck!?!?!?!

NEW YORK - The wedding was lovely, except for the flowers: They were the wrong color.

So says the bride, Elana Glatt, who was so upset that she sued the florist and alleged breach of contract.

She says Posy Floral Design in Manhattan substituted pastel pink and green hydrangeas for the dark rust and green ones she had specified for 22 centerpieces.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

Not only that, she alleges that the hydrangeas were wilted and brown, and arranged in dusty vases without enough water.

“The use of predominantly pastel centerpieces had a significant impact on the look of the room and was entirely inconsistent with the vision the plaintiffs had bargained for,” Glatt, a lawyer, said in the lawsuit, filed on behalf of herself, her husband, David, and her mother-in-law, Tobi Glatt, who paid for the flowers.

The flowers cost $27,435.14. The lawsuit asks for more than $400,000 in restitution and damages.

Stamos Arakas, the florist, said that he and his wife, Paula, tried to match the color of the hydrangeas with a picture Glatt had given them, but explained to her that the colors might not look the same.

“My father used to tell me, ‘Don’t deal with the lawyers,” Arakas said. “Maybe he was right, God bless his soul.”

Fuck NEW YORK!

I can't even get Dogfish Head at the BevMos out here. :(

I've only had their brew on two distinct occasions, the only place I've seen it for sale is at Liquorama in Upland, which I haven't been to in years.

I suspect that's because California is protective about it's microbrewage. My friend (the one I visited in Oceanside) is constantly irritated by the fact none of the excellent liquor stores or BevMos in his area carry beers he likes from East Coast (or non West Coast) breweries.

That or they're all Martian my pals in a cospiracy to impregnate earth women [/random Preacher reference]

I can't complain too loudly that it's difficult to get other state's microbrews, because California has all kinds of amazing ones, but it basically sucks because it really is impossible to find anything outside of the west coast here, and even then only a handful from Oregon and Washington. L'sigh...
That or they're all Martian my pals in a cospiracy to impregnate earth women [/random Preacher reference]
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: