The (Un)official write anything you want page

that's the general European consensus ... now tell me something new

Well, you poor man can only compare it to a communist regime from hell so it must seem like heaven to you... But seriously, so many americans seem so fucking stupid. I wouldn't call the average swede a bringer of hope and joy either, but seriously... Look at the stuff Doomcifer posted for starters. Why don't you all move to Canadia? Or overseas, for that matter... I would.

I would rather die than live in the United States of Ass. America Sucks.

EDIT: Wow I seem pissed off today but I don't feel pissed off.. WEIRD!!1

while a million times better than the US, I wanted to leave Canada (the cities) for a lot of the reason you Yankees bitch about. Plus the attitudes (bordering on american).

It shocks a lot of Euros to hear about Canada their "dream land"... I think they picture somewhere between Monty Python's "The Mounty Song" and Chief Shitting Seal in the middle of the arctic circle

I can't help but think that, if not for your warmongering government, you'd be out of the job.

Probably, it does not change the fact that that isn't what we die for, in our hearts at least. Statistically I suppose that is what it gets chalked up to, but it is not how we feel ourselves.

while a million times better than the US, I wanted to leave Canada (the cities) for a lot of the reason you Yankees bitch about. Plus the attitudes (bordering on american).

It shocks a lot of Euros to hear about Canada their "dream land"... I think they picture somewhere between Monty Python's "The Mounty Song" and Chief Shitting Seal in the middle of the arctic circle
I just see it as a less sucky America, the easy option for moving someplace better... I don't think Mexico qualifies as that.

No infantry Marine dies for politics.
I would disagree, but once you fellas start seeing it that way you probably won't think it's a worthy cause any more.

I would disagree, but once you fellas start seeing it that way you probably won't think it's a worthy cause any more.

Like my post before this one said, I see that technically that is what we are dieing for, but that is not WHY we are willing to go and fight and die, it's not patriotism or politics. The government may say we died bravely for our country, but we all know the real reasons.

Well, you poor man can only compare it to a communist regime from hell so it must seem like heaven to you... But seriously, so many americans seem so fucking stupid. I wouldn't call the average swede a bringer of hope and joy either, but seriously... Look at the stuff Doomcifer posted for starters. Why don't you all move to Canadia? Or overseas, for that matter... I would.

I lived in a few other places besides the US and Romania, Itally for some time and have been around Europe extensivelly, not to mention that I keep in touch daily with people in Spain for example. There are problems everywhere, lets face it ... no country is perfect and each one always thinks any other is shit.

But at the same time, I am not a big fan of the US per se ... I do love this shithole called NYC for its ridiculous cultural diversity more than anything else.

I would freak out now if all i saw was white people in my daily life.

But what looks so bad about America (besides the ass politicians) to people in Europe?

I just see it as a less sucky America, the easy option for moving someplace better... I don't think Mexico qualifies as that.

Yeah, thats basically what it is, unless you can get a job in a small town, then its not too bad. I really only miss the nature and landscapes. And living simultaneously on the ocean and in the mountains. I think I may have to move to norway or something.

Like my post before this one said, I see that technically that is what we are dieing for, but that is not WHY we are willing to go and fight and die, it's not patriotism or politics. The government may say we died bravely for our country, but we all know the real reasons.

Pretty much what I meant, yeah.

I am not sure what this may be, but I would think it HAS to be something more deep than what's on the surface for each of you. I can't imagine you wanting to do it otherwise. I certainly commend you for that.

Thanks guys. And for future reference you ain't gonna offend me by being against my job or against the military or anything like. I like a good debate. Sometimes it is frustrating when I go home and I can tell people are just posturing and 'supporting the troops', I wish they could just have a good debate with me and be against what I stand for like they want to be, I can still be their friend! So, if you want to ask some questions you may have wanted to ask a Military-person but never had the opportunity or thought you would piss them the fuck off, ask me!