The (Un)official write anything you want page

There hasn't been enough talk about the new Nachtmystium album around these parts. I think it is a brilliant record, and probably a top 5 contender for 2008.

It is #1 so far for me. They blew me away on stage 2 months ago and I just had to dig their stuff and boy, is it brilliant. Black metal, thrash and psychedelia fucking wild in the same boat like they've seen no cunt in decades. This new album easily made me forget that Sólstafir are releasing something this summer.

There hasn't been enough talk about the new Nachtmystium album around these parts. I think it is a brilliant record, and probably a top 5 contender for 2008.

I'm giving it a listen right now. I've always liked Nachtmystium so it's not surprising that this one is good too. It's been a while since I last purchased any BM but I think I might have to get off my ass and get this album.

Edit: And now I've listened to it a couple more times. Yeah, this rules.

Me, Vittra and another friend saw At the Gates last night and they were fucking good! Not one of my favourite concers EVAR!!11 or anything, but very solid playing.

Toxic Holocaust, Municipal Waste and Darkest Hour opened the show, they were all decent, but not crazy.

Did Toxic open all the shows? If so im going to be pissed for being lazy and then my canadia show selling out. I didnt want to just see the waste

Did they play Blinded by Fear as an encore? If so that would be so expected of them but totally bonerific! :kickass:

I have no idea, to be honest, I've never heard Slaughter of the Soul in its entirety. I only own The Red in the Sky Is Ours, so I recognized the final encore as the excellent "Kingdom Gone"!

Other highlights: Raped by the Light of Christ, some song from Gardens of Grief, Forever Blind (i think?), Terminal Spirit Disease, etc.

I wish I had money:

5879271.jpg

What a totally fucking kick ass lineup. DAMN YOU EUROPE!

My Dying Bride, Primordial, Warning, Krux, Amenra, Serpentcult, and more? Fucking hell!

Me, Vittra and another friend saw At the Gates last night and they were fucking good! Not one of my favourite concers EVAR!!11 or anything, but very solid playing.

Toxic Holocaust, Municipal Waste and Darkest Hour opened the show, they were all decent, but not crazy.

oh man i am so excited for this, coming here a week from thursday...already got my ticket, stoked for all these bands except darkest hour

Well, I guess Warning has been dropped from the bill due to Aaron of MDB complaining about past threats made to him by the band and/or Rich Walker.

Save the drama for yo momma.

Yeah, I saw that:

Pat,
013 has decided not to let Warning play due to protests of Aaron of MDB. seems that you have sent him deaththreats in the past and attacked him as well...sorry man!

Manuel

In light of WARNING being dropped from the Dutch "Ashes to Ashes" festival, we have this to say. My Dying Bride are a bunch of cowardly underhand spoilt brats, it only proves that they are truely scared that their time in the spotlight is now over, and will do anything to prolong the agony they inflict on the hundreds of listeners worldwide with their pathetic and feeble excuses for "music".

The truth is, that it was Pat's cousin, Rich Walker who attacked Aaron "Pubehead" Stainthorpe, and threatened oily guitarist Hamish Doublecross. They are clearly shaken by WARNING's popularity, and cannot bear the thought of having the piss blown out of them live by a so called "lesser" band.

We raise our hats to the buffoons in MDB, and thank them, and the so called promoters of the "Asses to asses" festival for showing their true colours yet again. Well done, you are simply not worth pissing on if you were on fire. Fucking cocksuckers the lot of you.....

Seriously... fuck that. Aaron Stainthorpe is a peice of shit, the only reason MDB doesn't come to the US is because "they haven't been offered enough money", and I've heard there have been offers going up to 35,000-40,000 as of late. They cry and cry till they get their fucking way.

What a bunch of fucking piss stains.