The (Un)official write anything you want page

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/10/psstheres-how-to-get-your-windows-7-beta-key

There's a work around the site now. I was one of the lucky dudes who got it the actual way, though.

Also, I suggest using the free program imgburn to burn the DVD. Latest version. Burn it at the slowest speed you can and verify. I had one faulty disc pop out.

:erk: .. this still doesn't work. it stopped at 14% numerous times.

this is a 2.4gig download right?

why can't I get a ful goddamn copy from anywhere

its back up on the public website
https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

i installed the 64bit version already and all seems great ... was able to share my desktop, printer, wireless ... super.

however i have a weird glitch with sound on the laptop ... there is sound IF I plug in the headphones, but can't hear anything through the laptop speakers.
all the sound controls work. weird.
i might have to install the 32 bit one if I can't figure this out ...

its back up on the public website
https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

i installed the 64bit version already and all seems great ... was able to share my desktop, printer, wireless ... super.

however i have a weird glitch with sound on the laptop ... there is sound IF I plug in the headphones, but can't hear anything through the laptop speakers.
all the sound controls work. weird.
i might have to install the 32 bit one if I can't figure this out ...

It may just be the sound card driver that installed... Get your sound card make and model, and download their 64bit vista driver if possible from their website.

I'm actually running the 64bit in pentaboot (windows 7 32, windows 7 64, windows xp 64, windows vista ultimate 32, and fedora 10 modified 64) now, and... I love it. Recognized everything but my wireless card, BUT, I was able to modify an XP64bit driver for it to work. Beats running a 100 foot cable from my box to my router. :lol:

ok, installed the 32bit one now ... runs just as fast and everything works A-OK! there were some drivers I needed for my laptop that were not available for 64bit, so I had to ditch it.

one thing I have to say is that this freaking OS is fast and smooth ... the quick window switches are amazing.

btw, if you run skype, download their new Windows beta version ... lot nicer looking than the old version as well.

ok, installed the 32bit one now ... runs just as fast and everything works A-OK! there were some drivers I needed for my laptop that were not available for 64bit, so I had to ditch it.

one thing I have to say is that this freaking OS is fast and smooth ... the quick window switches are amazing.

btw, if you run skype, download their new Windows beta version ... lot nicer looking than the old version as well.

I haven't run skype in ages, may have to since I've been playing with beta only software ALL DAY. :lol:

BTW, the only item I am not pleased with so far is WMP12. This is absolutely crap. The media library is SO FUCKING SLOW at adding shit, despite taking up tons of resources while doing it. And the fucking thing freezes and skips often.

hey EricT ... do you still have a link to that google maps street view photo where they captured you on your bike with the van almost running you over? :lol:

I've been coughing/clearing my throat all day. It's starting to piss me off. Also, belching loudly while the person in the office next to you is on a conference call with the door open is great. Especially when they quickly and aggressively close the door.

today i found $13 in us dollar bills lying on the road

this is not only fortunate, it is also kinda strange seeing as i live in sweden and all

Wow. What exactly are the requirements to become a stock broker? Are there any? The one I've tried dealing with at Edward Jones recently might be semi-retarded. At the very least, he's barely literate.

Anybody here use E*Trade?

just attended my first Bris .. its the circumsiciona cermemony for newborns .. no body told me you have to drcikn k like fishes afterwaeds/