The (Un)official write anything you want page

:lol: @ 0:36
Looks like they weren't used to 100 degree temps....and there's a cicada hovering behind Frederik hee
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUlEsZfUhQ&NR=1[/ame]

I'm still working on my 5 year old. Wife made me buy training wheels.

Hey, wait a second, aren't your kids like old and stuff?

Hey, wait a second, aren't your kids like old and stuff?

YES!!! One is 6 and the other 9. The 9 yr old tried several years ago and had a hard time...then he wiped out and never went back. I couldn't force him into it. Then, as I had hoped, the 6 year old nailed it first try and the older one was like FUCK THIS and hit it on his first attempt. It was like watching them experience magic or something. Great stuff.

If your kids don't have those little scooters, I would suggest that. I think it really helps with the concept of balance.

...then he wiped out and never went back

:lol:

I bought the boy a Diamondback at Dick's a couple weeks ago and the fork was on backwards, the headset was loose, and the brakes needed adjustment. And that was *after* the doofus at the store "tuned" it up.

The daughter has a tricycle that her legs are too short to pedal hahahaha

If your kids don't have those little scooters, I would suggest that. I think it really helps with the concept of balance.

I agree with this. The five year old already ice skates so he doesn't have balance issues, but the scooters would definitely help the balance-challenged

I taught both of my kids to ride a bike tonight. The looks on their faces was fucking priceless.

That's awesome :kickass:

One of my most vivid memories of my father was him teaching me to ride a bike one day. I must have been 5 or so.

I rode the shit out of bikes for years after that.

Diamondback

Man, that rules. I wanted a Diamondback or Haro so badly back in the day.

One of my most vivid memories of my father was him teaching me to ride a bike one day. I must have been 5 or so.

I rode the shit out of bikes for years after that.

Same here. I can't remember last week but I remember that day and the first time I rode down the sidewalk on my own. Great stuff.

Man, that rules. I wanted a Diamondback or Haro so badly back in the day.

Srsly. I thought, "...did I just buy my kid a Diamondback?!" haha

Although, I have to admit, my parents did get me some pretty nice bikes back in the day. Schwinn Predator was nothing to sneeze at.
Haros were pretty sweet. Like Kuwahara, the closest I got was taping posters on my wall.

Goal of the coming year is to get seriously back into mountain biking. Went riding with some friends and realized how damn much I loved hitting the trails.