The Underground Metal Scene?

The underground electronic music scene is pretty big, I'm talking about electronica, gabba techno and that kind of stuff. Lots of new releases and new talent coming out all the time, loads of dedicated fans and a big live scene (raves, squat parties etc.). But as lord667 said, every genre has an underground sector that only dedicated fans will get into.

Tye said:
There is good and bad in every style of music. Thought I have not heard a good nu-metal song yet.

in your opinion, their are no good nu-metal songs. I have found a few though. A select few from the new slipknot album are pretty decent, i tend to like damageplan, and a few of the nu-metal in flames songs i like. Also, i used to really like the new mushroomhead (XIII or 13). IT kind of got old, but their are some decent songs on the album, with some nice bass too. Its not my favorite kind of music, but their are some pretty good songs. Though it is embarrassing to admit to liking any Slipknot, but its all about what your ears like.

Nu-metal? Well, if you consider early Sevendust and the Deftones as nu-metal, then I like some songs, though both bands are borderline, with early Sevendust being more of a hardrock band.

I like lots of rock like Chris Cornell, Soundgarden, Jeff Buckley, Failure, etc.

Can't really stand all that pretentious bullshit like Godspeed You Black Emperor or The Mars Volta.

Ambient sucks for the most part.

Well, if you like the undergound there some good scene in punk music, hardcore music and grindcore music. I've discovered also an incredible underground scene in the '80s Commodore 64 music replayed with today instruments in a kind of "rock way" or "electronic way" (it depends from band to band). About the "rock way" i discovered the Press Play On Tape Band, and i think they are great! you can find an incredible version of "Monkey Island" (you know what is it, isn't it???) played live at The Gathering 2003 and some vidoclips of the band at thei official homepage www.pressplayontape.com I've their last album "Run/Stop Restore and in my opinion their are something special: if you played in the '80s the original videogame you will really like their modern interpretation of the videogames music!!!