The United States of America vs.....the European Union

Devy_Metal said:
Please tell me why the US is the greatest place in the world. Im very curious. What makes the US 'greater' than say, Italy, or England or France?

France?? No wait that's not good enough....How bout this FRANCE???

If you don't know by now...You never will...Move your sorry ass to france.

Moonlapse said:
That's very well said. I tend to agree. The 'altruism' of a lot of European nations will ultimately be their downfall. Australia, in fact, is following down an all too similar path.

One of the fundamental principles that the PCists in this country hold so dear to their hearts is the idea of 'multi-culturalism' when in reality what we really have is some poly-culturalist society in which all ethnic groups exist, segregated from one another. I live in a middle eastern 'ghetto' type suburb (and no, I'm not middle eastern, I'm slavic) and the tension is just evident. Whenever I walk around I see trash that's failed to assimilate into white anglo-saxon society. I understand that as a slavic person, an immigrant into this country that I'm a guest more than anything else. I owe it to the Australian nation to live by their standards and function correctly in their society. But in this blatantly disregardful opening of their borders to all sorts of immigrants from Asia and other places (my own country included), we've brought in the very same principles that they hold to heart so dearly. Disease, war, mistrust etc.

This, now ethnic majority, in the country is tearing it apart from the inside. We don't function as one unified society, but more as warring tribes.
You're absolutely right, and the truth of the matter is that we are warring tribes. All the lofty platitudes spouted out by politicians about "melting pots" and tolerance do nothing to alter nature's reality - that is, that we are all men, but we are drastically different.

Funny I'm just reading this now, seeing what's begun happening in Sydney. John Howard is out there trying to tow the line about how AUstralia is a tolerant country, etc etc - well, some of the real people of Australia seem to feel differently. If Howard were really a representative of the people, maybe he'd drop the arrogance and listen to the will of Australians; try and realize that they don't want their heritage or their nation to disappear. I respect the hell out of the Aussies, not because they are being violent, but because they haven't become so over-civilized that they don't give a damn about anything. Americans and Europeans just don't care. Some say they do, but they are all too resigned to whatever fate their masters hand them. The Aussies have some old world fight in them, and I'm glad to see it, though it is tragic that people have to get hurt in the process...but that guilt should be laid at the hands of the politicians who forced this situation on all of us - the would-be social engineers - not the citizens who have had enough.

I do not believe that we were all meant to live together. The multi-cultural society is a recipe for chaos. We are not the same, and its the proverbial white elephant in the middle of the room that everyone pretends not to see. I think if we could just recognize that we are different, and be proud of our own heritage as European people (originally) we can go a long way towards getting some mutual respect between ourselves and the other peoples of the world, which is better than pretending to like living with each other.

In the 70's, 80's and early 90's American WAS the greatest place to live. It's gone completely downhill. Look at the warmongers in office, the current scandals in spying, torturing, forgein wars, etc. They didn't keep their nose out of everyone elses business and now the country is slowly dying. It is turning into Russia faster than Russia turned into Russia.