European Metal vs. American Metal

Do you think European Or American Metal is better?

• American Metal

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • European Metal

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
I just think Pentagram, Vitus, Solitude Aeturnus, Trouble, Penance, Revelation, Spirit Caravan, etc. is pretty damn strong.

I think both places are even as far as doom goes imo.

The only two things that aren't even are black and thrash imo. I mean, sure Europe has the German thrash scene, but America has Slayer, Metallica, Exodus, Morbid Saint, etc.

They sure are (except Spirit Caravan), but so are Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Scald, Solstice, Black Hole, Count Raven, Reverend Bizarre, Cathedral, Paul Chain, Pagan Altar, Warning etc. too. :)

For Black Metal I would go Europe, but for Death Metal I think the US has them beat. I'm sorry, but Morbid Angel, Infester, Immolation, Incantation, Brutality, Monstrosity, etc is just such a powerful lineup.

They sure are (except Spirit Caravan), but so are Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Scald, Solstice, Black Hole, Count Raven, Reverend Bizarre, Cathedral, Paul Chain, Pagan Altar, Warning etc. too. :)

Fair enough, I'd say it really is then about even.

There have been a gazillion metal bands spawned from all parts of the world over the past 30 years.I think most people would have a pretty fucking hard time picking between the two continents.

While there are the some great metal bands from America such as Killswitch Engage and early Slipknot, S.O.A.D.

Oh cmon now. How do you expect us to take you seriously when you say stuff like this? :erk: Have you even TRIED listening to any other American metal bands?

But to answer your question, I'd have to say European overall.

American. The UK gave us the massive and obligatory classics, but the other countries are limited to a handful of great bands each, if even that (see Spain, Portugal, and Norway). Plus, since you never specified the United States as making up "American Metal" in the poll, I'll assume you're comparing two large geographic regions and throw in Canada and Brazil as bonus proof of the New World's superiority.

Do you like chocolate or vanilla ice cream???you decide what flavor you like.

Do you like chocolate ice cream? Because that only goes against your point unless you're being ironic. Taste has some leeway in terms of what is acceptable, but then there are those opinions and preferences which are objectively wrong by any standard. Chocolate ice cream being better than anything is one of them.

Too hard to say, so many great bands from both sides of the atlantic. If pressed I'd probably go with Europe, but there really isn't much in it. Both have their classic scenes which spawned so much of the music we know and love.

Much better to go by sub-genre of metal, i.e. I tend to prefer European thrash over American thrash for instance.

Quit being a faggot, that's my suggestion.

And, with that, I now add someone to my block list, a place in which randy moss and jgmetalhead never even had a spot.

^^ agreed europe basically invented metal, america just found a way to market it effectively