USA vs Europe (about bands)

The best ones for you....

• AMERICAN BANDS

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • EUROPEAN BANDS

Votes: 53 80.3%

• Total voters
Cool. They're on Root Of All Evil records, which I believe is based in either Minnesota or Wisconsin or Michigan. Somewhere around there. Dude's name is Earl 'Rooty' - he's always selling his stuff on eBay for pretty cheap.

You can check out Somnus at http://www.somnusmusic.com/ and if you're going to take a chance with one of their records, I recommend the newer one, 'Through Creations End,' though both are very good. Enjoy!

Originally posted by markgugs
Cool. They're on Root Of All Evil records, which I believe is based in either Minnesota or Wisconsin or Michigan. Somewhere around there.

It's based here in Minnesota. I think It's in St. Paul; I've been meaning to go there (The Root Cellar) and pick up some records.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there is a really good Prog. Black Metal band on the roster called "Lorde Of All Desires." I suggest you give them a listen. :)

Hey, margugs, I checked them out! They are a really good listen! I'm not sure they're very Viking but still a good listen!:) Pretty good stuff!

My two favorite bands are Danzig and Tool, both from the U.S.

But my next favorite 20 bands are from Europe, so I had to go with Europe. :) Pink Floyd, Hypocrisy, King Crimson, Opeth, Radiohead, Carcass, Dissection, etc.

Type O Negative is about the only other U.S. band that I am currently infatuated with.

Over all the UK in particular had all the great bands - Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. Now Sweden has some of the best bands. Europe I think wins. But NA has tons of good music. Just from Canada we have Katakylisum, Strapping Young Lad, Sons of OTIS, Illuminati, and many more. But Europe also has all the best festivals. Real festivals.

Originally posted by FailingAcension
Hey, margugs, I checked them out! They are a really good listen! I'm not sure they're very Viking but still a good listen!:) Pretty good stuff!

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed 'em. I don't even remember how I found them, but I was sure glad I did too.

@Sonnenritter: Where/how can I find some stuff by Pantheon?

Originally posted by hydrogrind
for speed/power, gothic, i think europe
for brutaldeath/grind , i choose USA!!

It sums up more stance the closest.Although Europe has it's fair share of brutal grind but America does seem to have the upper hand for the modern generation.I do however believe America has some of the best experimental metal acts at the moment.Mastodon,Isis,Dillinger etc.

It's a close contest but i chose europe.Simply because of my recent listening habbits.

I chose USA. All my favorites are from the US. Europe only has a select few that interest me anymore . . . Aborym, Anaal Nathrakh, Akercocke, and so on.

The US has these:

Today is the Day
Mastodon
Neurosis
Converge
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Isis
Old Man Gloom
Watchmaker
Nile
. . . etc.

North America Metal is superior, IMO.

I like a lot of the Euro stuff, but it comes in second for me...

Why?

Suffocation
Immolation
Malevolent Creation
Morbid Angel
Nile
Testament
Dragonlord
Hate Eternal
Deeds of Flesh
Disgorge US and Mex
Cryptopsy
Dark Angel
Cephalic Carnage
Death/Control Denied
Hateplow
Sadus
Quo Vadis
Pig Destroyer
Goreguts
Violence
Exodus
Forbidden
Aghora
Dying Fetus
Exhorder
Devastation
Slayer
Agalloch
Cynic
Deicide
Possessed
Sacred Reich

Let's see

Old-school Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax
Death
Morbid Angel
Hate Eternal
Nile
Shadows Fall
Maleovent Creation
S.O.D.
Suffocation
Terrorizer
Medgadeth
Metal Chruch
Savatage
Disincarnate
Possessed
Cyrptopsy
Gorguts

I'd have to go with USA or more appropiatley North America)

Both have bands that have made huge impacts on the metal genre so I'm choosing Europe and the USA. Why take sides? :D

Originally posted by markgugs
@Sonnenritter: Where/how can I find some stuff by Pantheon?

Well, even though you might not like it, the best place to get info about them would be The Pagan Front. They support NS ideologies, but it's all I know to check. You could probably find a good deal of their music on IRC as well if you use that.

Originally posted by tara
Both have bands that have made huge impacts on the metal genre so I'm choosing Europe and the USA. Why take sides? :D

Because if you're a good little patriotic American, you know how you should have voted. :mad:

:p

:lol: