• European Bands

Votes: 47 85.5%

• Total voters

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM

untruly evil
Dec 19, 2002
Mexico
www.gardenian.8m.com
DO YOU PREFFER AMERICAN BANDS OR EUROPEAN BANDS???

I really like bands like: Mudvayne, slipknot, pearl jam... etc,

Metallica, led zepelin, etc: This bands are kind of the "base" of most of the modern rock groups. And they are from the US, but actually i can see that most of the REALLY GOOD bands come from Europe. Face it, the European Music it's more complex and more melodic. Plus europe has Opeth.

Bands like Candiria or Yakuza... that ain't music, thats pure shit.

But.. Dream Theater, Cannibal Corpse... etc... thats good music.

Anyway, i rather listen to european bands by far...

depends on what music you like really- scandinavia is the obvious place wher a lot of death metal comes from so in that respect europe, and for metal in general i'd say europe- zeppelin, sabbath, deep purple- it all began there...

Originally posted by raccyd
and for metal in general i'd say europe- zeppelin, sabbath, deep purple- it all began there...

Ab-so-fuckin-lutely no question!

These days, IMO, the "cream" comes from Europe, and whilst the English have lost the plot completely when it comes to Metal, thankfully there are still plenty of kick-ass US Metal bands who wreak of class (eg: Slayer, Testament etc).

Europe gets the vote for sure...it's a no-brainer really...but NEVER underestimate the Americans! They fucking ROCK too!

Depends on what time frame you are talking about:

1969-1983 Europe has best metal
1983-1993 USA has best metal
1993 - Present Europe has best metal, especially Nordic countries

The metal scence in the USA now sucks. I can't ever remember a time in the last 30+ years when the music scence in USA has been worse.... Nu-metal, mallcore punk, rap what a sad situation.

Therefore overall Europe must get my vote over 34 year history of metal.

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
Metallica, led zepelin, etc: This bands are kind of the "base" of most of the modern rock groups. And they are from the US

:eek: They are from England, actually.

I don't see what was wrong with the other thread, from about a week ago. My vote goes for Europe anyway, by a long shot.

Originally posted by raccyd
depends on what music you like really- scandinavia is the obvious place wher a lot of death metal comes from so in that respect europe, and for metal in general i'd say europe- zeppelin, sabbath, deep purple- it all began there...

Death metal does not come from scandinavia. And the best death metal bands are still American. Everything else, Europe is ahead by a couple lengths.

Originally posted by markgugs
lol @ MacMoney.

Well, it is true. There are a bunch of good bands coming from America in the popularized genres people here tend to like but they just don't get as much rep as the europeans because that kind of music isn't as profitable in there as it is here in Europe so people here don't hear them and dismiss America as a land of death metal and mallcore or something.