Help this noob discover real metal?

:) It's so much more metal out ther than you now if you just lissen to those bands;) I'm not the worst metalhead, but i lissen to a lot, but you now, when you shall say some of your favorite bandsm you always forget some;)
MY favorite groups are not just metal, and not just black metal or death metal, I lissen to some rock to.
But I think you shall sheck out these bands;

~~~~

Opeth(my absolute favorite)
Bullet for my valentine
Dragenforce
Trivium
Pantera
Metallica
Iron Maiden
~~~~
Nirvana(not so much metal but..)
Dope(pretty good)
Within temptation(have some metal songs)
Dream theater
~~~~
Staind
Hammerfall(not metal, more kind of rock)
Sonata artica
Guns n' roses
Him
KoRn

Bah,, I don't actually now how much of these you can call metal:p but good music it is at least I mean that, Its rock or Metal for the most;)

Opeth is really really good stuff then:D

:) It's so much more metal out ther than you now if you just lissen to those bands;) I'm not the worst metalhead, but i lissen to a lot, but you now, when you shall say some of your favorite bandsm you always forget some;)
MY favorite groups are not just metal, and not just black metal or death metal, I lissen to some rock to.

~~~~

Bullet for my valentine
Dragenforce
Trivium
Pantera
Metallica
Iron Maiden
~~~~
Dope(pretty good)
Dream theater
~~~~
Staind
Sonata artica
Guns n' roses
Him
KoRn

Bah,, I don't actually now how much of these you can call metal:p but good music it is at least I mean that, Its rock or Metal for the most;)

Opeth is really really good stuff then:D

You should prob check out the Opeth forum then:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

It's so much more metal out ther than you now if you just lissen to those bands I'm not the worst metalhead, but i lissen to a lot, but you now, when you shall say some of your favorite bandsm you always forget some

~~~~

Bullet for my valentine
Dragenforce
Trivium
Pantera
Metallica
Iron Maiden
~~~~
Dope(pretty good)
Dream theater
~~~~
Staind
Sonata artica
Guns n' roses
Him
KoRn

Bah,, I don't actually now how much of these you can call metal but good music it is at least I mean that, Its rock or Metal for the most

Opeth is really really good stuff then

Cool! Out of all those bands my favorite is your favorite also. Opeth. In fact I am listening to them right now, I just got their My Arms Your Hearse album. Sonata Arctica is in 2nd in line behind Opeth. But yea. Hey did you know Mikhael sinces in a few other bands to? He sings in Bloodbath and also in Katatonia's first few albums. Brave Murder Day from Katatonia is one of my favorite albums ever along with Opeth's Blackwater Park and Still Life.

Cool! Out of all those bands my favorite is your favorite also. Opeth. In fact I am listening to them right now, I just got their My Arms Your Hearse album. Sonata Arctica is in 2nd in line behind Opeth. But yea. Hey did you know Mikhael sinces in a few other bands to? He sings in Bloodbath and also in Katatonia's first few albums. Brave Murder Day from Katatonia is one of my favorite albums ever along with Opeth's Blackwater Park and Still Life.

My Arms Your Hearse :kickass:

Hello I'm new * wave wave * ect
First real metal song i heard was White Worms (Cryptopsy). Not a great intro for a former blues girl.
Best advice in my opinion is go to myspace, search 'metal' and listen to demos and promos. Note what you like. Or check out the numerus online radio shows n podcasts ( no ipod necessary for these - they play in any media player).

:wave: Welcome.

Yeah, that is actually very good advice. MIne is similar. I got into death metal from an internet radio station. It really helps someone see the variety that can't be seen from a single song. I don't remember what station it was, but it sucked because it didn't say who you were listening too. Radio that doesnt suck is a good station though. It has a lot of black and thrash too. If you hear a song you like, buy the album. Easy enough way to get farter into metal.

:wave: Welcome.

Yeah, that is actually very good advice. MIne is similar. I got into death metal from an internet radio station. It really helps someone see the variety that can't be seen from a single song. I don't remember what station it was, but it sucked because it didn't say who you were listening too. Radio that doesnt suck is a good station though. It has a lot of black and thrash too. If you hear a song you like, buy the album. Easy enough way to get farter into metal.

a radio station around here has 24 hours of commercial free death metal every monday. that helped out alot for me

Your tenses are all wrong. He SANG in those bands.

" Welcome.

Yeah, that is actually very good advice. MIne is similar. I got into death metal from an internet radio station. It really helps someone see the variety that can't be seen from a single song. I don't remember what station it was, but it sucked because it didn't say who you were listening too. Radio that doesnt suck is a good station though. It has a lot of black and thrash too. If you hear a song you like, buy the album. Easy enough way to get farter into metal."

Hey thanks for the welcome :) I don't think you meant farter tho lol prolly farther..
I'm involved with a weekly podcast - most of the bands we play are on the myspace site. It's a good place to start too :)
off to find that radio station
thanks!