Help This Noob...

nissan

Sep 3, 2005
Hello all. I'm a Noob in need of help...

ok ive headr a few metal songs and i like what i heard.

i heard songs such as One, Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, from metallica. Fear of the dark, Children of the Damned, from Iron Maiden... and some others which i also liked..

I dont like however the lyrics of some metal, such as death and evil and stuff like that, i also dislike the growling-sounding vocals of some bands such as Arch Enemy, i jsut like normal singing and Iron Maiden type vocals...

I really like the music, guitar,drums of Children of Bodom, but i dont like the vocals....

can someone help me out with bands that i would like and maybe an example of a song that i would like from each band...

all help appreciated, Thanks...

Iced Earth
Dragonforce
Nevermore
Sonata Arctica
Edguy
Avantasia
Dream Evil
Grave Digger
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Manowar (all the lyrics are about how kickass metal is basically. can't go wrong there)

give the harsh vocals a chance though. It takes some getting used to. just sorta have to think of them as another effect in the music. Using the voice as an instrument to convey whatever the feeling in the music is rather than just singing a song.

Diablo - Eternium can be a good introduction to harsh vocals since there's also a good bunch of clean vocals

other albums for a Newbie
Wintersun - s/t
Helloween - The Dark Ride
Persuader - Evolution Purgatory
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
3 Inches Of Blood - Advance & Vanquish (another cool introduction to harsh vocals)
Manowar - Louder than Hell
Slough Feg - Atavism

and a ton of other wonders.... but start from here and you'll know more about your tastes... :D

I was like this when i first got into metal aswell and i seriously suggest you give harsh vocals a chance, because you will miss out on a whole load of amazing bands. Alternitavely, if you just can't get used to harsh vocals, I recommend Symphony X

All these cds have clean vocals,great solo's,riffs,etc..... Since you're into Metallica,IM these should be right up your alley.

King Diamond-All except 'The Graveyard',Voodoo'. I'd start with Conspiracy,Abigail.
Mercyful Fate-Mellisa,Time
Solitude Aeturnus-Beyond The Crimson Horizon,Adagio,Into The Depths Of Sorrow,Through The Darkest Hour
Iced Earth-Night of the stormrider
Testament-The Legacy,The New Order,The Ritual
Jag Panzer-Mechanized Warfare,Casting The Stones
Symphony X-The Oddysey
Brainstorm-Ambiguity
Judas Priest-Electric Eye,Painkiller
Armored Saint-Delirious Nomad
Black Sabbath-Master of Reality
Seven Witches-Year of The Witch
Nevermore-This Godless Endeavor,Dead Heart In A Dead World
Sanctuary-Refuge Denied,Into The Mirrow Black
Demons & Wizards-s/t

T.I.E. said:
Helloween - The Dark Ride

Ignore the people that are trying to ignore the fact that you don't like the growl vocals. I have listened to several of those bands a week for a few years and I still find them to be a great band ruined by shitty vocals. No insult meant to those who like it, but you have to understand that not everyone gives a rats ass about the 'I am more brootal than thou' crap. ;)

The bands you should check out:
Nevermore
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth (everything except the new one)
Demons & Wizards

Beware of the power metal tag though as most of it is like Iron Maiden done by a bunch of sackless gay guys. Feel free to ask me for some more if you like those.

abrasiverock said:
Ignore the people that are trying to ignore the fact that you don't like the growl vocals. I have listened to several of those bands a week for a few years and I still find them to be a great band ruined by shitty vocals. No insult meant to those who like it, but you have to understand that not everyone gives a rats ass about the 'I am more brootal than thou' crap. ;)

The bands you should check out:
Nevermore
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth (everything except the new one)
Demons & Wizards

Beware of the power metal tag though as most of it is like Iron Maiden done by a bunch of sackless gay guys. Feel free to ask me for some more if you like those.

you lose.

Thanks for all the help guys and girls, im gona take in your advise

I think ill try getting used to the growling, but im not gonna get used to the god hating lyrics...

are ther any awsome bands out there that dont have god hating evil lyrics? cuz that would be cool

nissan said:
I think ill try getting used to the growling, but im not gonna get used to the god hating lyrics...

most of the time, it's NOT God-hating lyrics, it's more like the idea mankind has fucked up the very idea of Godness... so, I think you're going to be okay with it... :headbang:

nissan said:
Hello all. I'm a Noob in need of help...

ok ive headr a few metal songs and i like what i heard.

i heard songs such as One, Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, from metallica. Fear of the dark, Children of the Damned, from Iron Maiden... and some others which i also liked..

I dont like however the lyrics of some metal, such as death and evil and stuff like that, i also dislike the growling-sounding vocals of some bands such as Arch Enemy, i jsut like normal singing and Iron Maiden type vocals...

I really like the music, guitar,drums of Children of Bodom, but i dont like the vocals....

can someone help me out with bands that i would like and maybe an example of a song that i would like from each band...

all help appreciated, Thanks...

Listen to Black Sabbath and Judas Priest then.