America Vs Europe

Do you preffer...??

• American Bands

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • European Bands

Votes: 47 85.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Hey! All those countries against 2 isn't fair! :p Besides, America still has more.

Yes, I agree. It is unfair to pit and entire continent against one country. If you want this to be fair, make a poll that pits US vs. Norway or something. Not an entire continent.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Yes, I agree. It is unfair to pit and entire continent against one country. If you want this to be fair, make a poll that pits US vs. Norway or something. Not an entire continent.

I think you do have a point a there. But, as i see it, europe its more melodic and US its more brutal, gutural, even plastic some times.

Anyway, i still think you might be right .Maybe later we shuld post a poll in the way you said it. Right now i'll stick to the the US vs Europe question.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

:guh:

A poll that pits US vs. Norway IS pitting an entire continent against one country! And I definitely wouldn't consider that to be fair. :rolleyes: It most likely would reverse the result we see in this poll though, if that's what you want.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. This poll is just a poll for the sake of a poll. It's valid because Europe and the US jointly rule the planet in terms of being the best continents for Metal and, despite the greatness of both, some people might find they have a leaning to one or the other...in which case they'll click on one or the other just for the helluvit...for fun. That's all it is...and it's NOT unfair. I'm guessing 15-20 years ago the result might've been different.

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
A poll that pits US vs. Norway IS pitting an entire continent against one country!

Wow, your geography books must be different than mine. Last time I checked neither the US or Norway were a continent unto themselves. The US is part of North America and Norway is part of Europe.

And I definitely wouldn't consider that to be fair. :rolleyes: It most likely would reverse the result we see in this poll though, if that's what you want.

Country vs. country isn't fair?

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. This poll is just a poll for the sake of a poll. It's valid because Europe and the US jointly rule the planet in terms of being the best continents for Metal

Dude, you seriously need to take Geography class again. Africa, Europe, Asia, Antarctica, North America, South America, and Australia are the 7 continents. The US is not a continent. It's a country, same as Norway, Sweden or what have you. :rolleyes:

Nah, I don't need geography lessons. You're just being pedantic. I think it's fair to say that the US does a fair job of representing North America, at least for the sake of a poll like this.
Country v. country is fair, I never said it wasn't. But I AM saying that pitting the US against Norway is farcical!
I apologise for overlooking the fact that you said "US" and not "America", and I also apologise to Canada for temporarily forgetting the distinction between them and the US. :)