European Metal vs. American Metal

Do you think European Or American Metal is better?

• American Metal

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • European Metal

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
Much better to go by sub-genre of metal, i.e. I tend to prefer European thrash over American thrash for instance.

Okay:

European thrash > American thrash
European black > American black
European death > American death

Those are for sure and that's kinda enough for me.

Europe is of course going to kick the shit out of the US for black metal, but I'd say America beats Europe when it comes to death, especially if we can include Canada. I guess this is because I mostly listen to brutal/slam death like Devourment, Cryptopsy, Suffocation etc. but I also fucking love a few classic American death bands like Death, Autopsy, and Morbid Angel.

Europe easily. Metal originated in Europe, plus the majority of black metal comes from Europe, and BM is my favorite metal genre. Not to mention America is where -core, glam, and other AIDS infested metal atrocities came to be. God damn, I hate this country.

some of their new stuff is just too corny even for me. but when they did Theater of Salvation I worshipped them.

the title track is probably one of the greatest songs ive ever heard in my life a fucking masterpiece

I gave Europe the win on this one, but just barely. While Europe has produced Swededeath, black metal, and NWOBHM, the greatness of American death metal (especially the 90's Floridan scene), old school thrash, and traditional bands from the states cannot be denied. As a matter of fact, I'd say that overall, America is far superior to Europe when it comes to death metal.

Europe is of course going to kick the shit out of the US for black metal, but I'd say America beats Europe when it comes to death, especially if we can include Canada. I guess this is because I mostly listen to brutal/slam death like Devourment, Cryptopsy, Suffocation etc. but I also fucking love a few classic American death bands like Death, Autopsy, and Morbid Angel.

Yeah, death metal is definately the hardest to decide. America has my favorites too: Incantation, Suffocation, Insidious Decrepancy, Morbid Angel... But then you have -entire- SWE scene against, entire FIN scene and Holland with Asphyx, Pestilence etc. And then many BDM artists against just ID and Devourment (those two are US' best imo).

Prior to 1994-ish, yeah.

Yeah I obviously didn't mean everything from Sweden, I meant that everything good counts because entire Sweden is in Europe (well), sorry for the misunderstanding. Fuck my english :lol:

Don't forget, the US also has Canada, which includes stuff like Gorguts, and we have Mexico as well, which has the chasm